December 13, 2017, 05:27:20 PM

Author Topic: Field Point vs Broadhead Impact Points  (Read 3314 times)

Offline Meat Hunter #737

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Field Point vs Broadhead Impact Points
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 09:18:15 AM »
though they actually are kinda small...and I'm not sure if I like them without the bone crusher tip... I just may save them for turkey...any thoughts if anyone has recieved theirs???cause the diameter is small...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 10:06:07 AM »
Well, I am up to a half dozen of them now. ;D ;D ;D

As far as the size goes, the smaller cutting diameter would mean faster penetration and less resistance, providing for an easier pass through shot.  If you look at the videos on their website, the head seems to be quite efective; they took deer, boar, and bear with no trouble.  I would think the head would be very effective with a well place lung or heart shot, so would a field tip for that matter, but if it were a gut shot, I don't think the head would provide a large enough blood trail.  Then again, I could be wrong.

Between the stepson and I, we have tags to take two bucks and three does, maybe we'll try taking the third doe with on of those heads and see how they work.

Regardless, I am planning to make my first kill with a larger head also.  I am going to use a G5 Outdoors, Striker Model, with the 1-1/8" Cutting Diameter.  Those little babies fly just like field tips and a sharper than all get out.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 10:21:56 PM »
if you take your bow to a good pro shop or bow shop and have it paper tuned it will help a bunch with the broadhead problems.mangus buzz cuts work really well for me but this year i want to try the striker broadheads.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

travo

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 10:45:51 PM »
spoken very well,hoyt. if a bow is properly tuned,it should not be a problem even gettin fixed heads to match up.

Facebook Comments