November 22, 2017, 06:44:38 PM

Author Topic: easy tree  (Read 1960 times)

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
easy tree
« on: August 18, 2006, 05:02:07 PM »
I decided to redeem my hounds after the last story about them. Two nights ago some of my buddies stopped by my place on some young horses to see if i could trim them and when they left i got a call from them telling me to come down and catch my bluetick cause he was following them. When i got to where they were blue was out in a corn field trailing a cold track so like any sane person i thought to run home and grab the female plott lilly because after all in this kind of situation nothing could go wrong and for once in my life i was right. Dumped lilly as close to blue as i could getand then sat on the truck waiting. and ten minutes later saw something furry run across the road and up a power line pole. right after that the hounds hit the pole and treed like there supposed to. Maybe my hounds arent so bad after all. O0 that was the easiest tree i think i have ever been to no walking no trying to find the coon and best of all no lost doggs
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
Re: easy tree
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 07:59:13 PM »
Wow....  it is times like these that you sit back and think... you little monsters could have done this all along on every trip.... you were just messing with me the whole time and enjoying watching me pull my hair out!!!
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 08:58:42 PM »
Wow....  it is times like these that you sit back and think... you little monsters could have done this all along on every trip.... you were just messing with me the whole time and enjoying watching me pull my hair out!!!

one of those who is training whom?!
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 12:03:44 AM »
 O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0 Real coon dogs!  Yep, that was a real easy treeing job, plott! Those pups are really working out great!  :)  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 02:32:32 AM »
yeah its pretty neat to sit on the hood and watch the furry buggers do that right in front of you , but while i was watching i was wondering whats going through the coons head when the hounds are breathing down their neck :twisted:
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 10:47:45 AM »
I imagine the coon is too busy picking their feet up and puting them down fast enough to think much about the hounds on their tails!  :twisted:  ;D  ;D  ;D  And then there's that tall critter right on the hounds' heels with that thunder boomer!  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 10:52:46 PM »
must be somebodt else following my hounds  ;D half the time i go out a lose my shells or just look to make sure they got it right then move on to the next tree or old ladies house trying to find the hounds ;D

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 11:27:50 AM »
Yep, cat hounds are hard to come by, plott. :wink:  ;D Hey, you get those beans picked yet? It was just your bad luck to have your hounds nail a cat on the old gal's place. We used to tree a cat once in a while while coon hunting. I have seen the treed cats raise their tails and squirt pee at us, shooting the stuff quite a ways out.  :shock:  You ever have that happen? PS, they weren't my hounds doing that!

Facebook Comments