October 23, 2017, 09:32:28 AM

Author Topic: A little help here?  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
A little help here?
« on: August 19, 2006, 03:39:49 PM »
Someone has got to bail us out here!  I can't believe we've gone this long without any new recipe ideas.  We'll be firing up the frying pans before long - someone give us some ideas!   :twisted:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
Re: A little help here?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 07:06:22 PM »
Wild hog ham roast...The easy way!

Needed...

1 wild hog willing (or unwilling) to donate their back ham!
1-2 cans crushed pineapple depending on size of roast.
1 Turkey roasting bag or large sheet of Al foil and large pan
Olive oil
Brown sugar to taste

Preheat oven to 225*F
Use a fork to make lots of holes in the ham for the juices to enter easer and then rub the ham with a little olive oil and a small amount of brown sugar. Place ham (bone in) in turkey bag or large sheet of Al foil that has been cupped up to hold liquid.  Pour in can of crushed pineapple (juice and all) to cover at least 2/3
of your roast. (If you are using the foil fold it up and over the roast to seal in the goodness) Put your turkey. bag in a pan that leaves enough room for the bag to expand and not melt on the sides and place the whole thing in the oven.  Cook time depends on size of the roast but expect about 3-5hrs.  The roast is done when the meat is 160*f. 

You can easily pull the meat off of the bone with a fork and then cover it with BBQ sauce to make pulled pork BBQ, or you can slice it and eat it as is.  The sweet overtone of the meat makes great sandwiches or goes well with any potato dish with lots of garlic. 
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 10:21:10 PM »
Maybe we could get everyone to post their jerky recipes.  It's getting
that time of year to start making jerky.
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 10:44:48 AM »
AB, now I'm getting hungry!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments