October 22, 2017, 10:45:53 PM

Author Topic: me an the kid.............  (Read 6124 times)

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
me an the kid.............
« on: August 22, 2006, 08:43:42 PM »
Took the grandson out quadding this afternoon and had a blast. The little guy is getting really good with a quad. Only bad part was the way his quad's running........... >:(..............I'll never buy a polaris product again. This piece of crap's been in the shop 5 or 6 times, and only had about 10 tanks of gas through it..................next time I stick with a proven brand.........YAMAHA.........the grizz hasn't given me a stitch of trouble since I got it............ O0. Shot the new bow for awhile as well..........getting a 4" group at 60 yards..................look out elk.............come friday, you're done...........hehehe............. :twisted:
too many bears.........not enuff bullets

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Re: me an the kid.............
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 11:58:32 PM »
Sorry to hear about the Polaris quad. :-X

4" Groups at 60 Yards? ???  Yep, that will do. O0

Are you shooting a Bowtech like Bearman? ???
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 07:24:00 AM »
sounds like you got a bad one there, pols are one of the better ones you can get.. i am wondering if it is not the mechanic that dont have a clue and is messing you up....
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 10:20:00 AM »
nope Mad.............I'm shooting a Mathews XT this year...............Morax........my personal opinion is that they are junk...... :twisted:............the geologist on my rig had a 800.............he had it in the shop constantly as well ( different shop, the one in Dawson Creek ). I'm not exactly sure why I went with the polaris, other than a directional driller I know recommended them. I should have stuck with yamaha........... O0

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 11:43:14 AM »
didnt mean to hijack it to the 4x4 but.. the kids god pappy, has a pair of them, and they run like monsters! he has one set up for just "normal" woods and the other one is the work horse, and boy that sucker can pull!!! i am definatly not knocking your choise there not by a long shot, yamaha IS the way to go, but when you hear of yam and 4x4 in same breath you think the raptor, not a good option for hunting/yard work..
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 11:56:14 AM »
Trax, that's just your luck! Shooting like a pro, and the quad is crap. What you need is a mule.  :wink: We could have a name contest for your mule. He would be smarter than that sorry quad you bought. I hate it when I take someone's advice and it turns out to be a real bummer. That driller, sell the quad to him.  :twisted: Brag it up, etc., then give him a great "deal".  :twisted: You can't take it back to where you got it and get your $ back?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 04:23:46 PM »
ha ha John..............I can just picture myself on a mule...........and its not a pretty pic........... ;D..........my quad is working ok..........I've got a 660 grizzly.......the best 4x4 quad on the market.........oh, pardon me, the second best. Yamaha just released a 700 efi grizzly, with power steering. I'd put my machine up against any other quad as far as hunting/yard work goes. The nosepicker has the polaris. Its a 50 predator. Think I'll look at trading it off on a 80 grizzly...................

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 05:50:40 PM »
Hang in there buddy!

At least you can ride one of them ATV's without trouble...Everytime I get on one I seem to attract all the Evel Knievel wannabes...Like flys to horse**** :D :D :shock: :shock:

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 01:31:30 PM »
I think the mule idea is a good one O0 just think you can go anywhere the quad can and then theres the chick factor no sane women can pass on a guy riding one of them longeared things ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 10:41:46 AM »
I have a polaris and I like.  The only time I have trouble with it is when the other half uses it.  Second day I had it he loaded it up in the back of the truck took off down the road and the 4-wheeler went out of the truck!  :'( :'(
When we got it back he took it ice fishing and cut the oil line and seized the engine.  Not good!
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Facebook Comments