November 18, 2017, 06:52:52 AM

Author Topic: Ground Squirrels  (Read 721 times)

Offline Sniper81

• Rookie Club Member
Ground Squirrels
« on: August 23, 2006, 05:47:18 PM »
i was wondering if there is anybody around the illinois area that has a bunch of these little critters and if the shoot the hell out of them i can never find one when i have my gun i always see them scurring across the roads when i am driving i wonder if they taste good ;D :twisted:

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: Ground Squirrels
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 07:08:39 AM »
You mean those striped gophers?  When I was a kid, they had a bounty on those little buggers in town.  They'd tear up the football field.  So we'd go down with our 22s or air rifles, setup under the bleachers and wait for them to come out.  They'd scatter for cover at the first shot of a 22, but wouldn't be gone long.  I switched to the Daisey 880 and could pick off a few before they started getting nervous.  You'd see them slinking along the ground, give a little whistle, one or two would stand up to see what mde that noise, and WHACK!

Have no idea if they taste good or not.  You'd need a whole mess of 'em for a meal.  We'd just take a bucket full up to the City Clerk and get a dime a piece for them and then toss them in the city dumpster.
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Offline deertag

• Applied for my club membership...
Re: Ground Squirrels
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 07:23:39 AM »
    just set up a blind and open the windows. Make sure you use like them black sunnflower seeds, they will die for those{litteraly}. Put the pile about 9-15 yards away from the blind..then you wate.......once one comes in blast it!!! :twisted: O0
this is my rifle this is my gun this is the toy i use for fun!!!!

Facebook Comments