December 13, 2017, 12:20:47 AM

Author Topic: Georgia Dove Opener Today  (Read 626 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Georgia Dove Opener Today
« on: September 03, 2006, 12:48:38 AM »
16 of us hunted a 25 acre field today planted with sun flower, brown top millet and dove proso millet. The opening day is set up to start at noon and run until 1/2 hour after sunset. The remainder of the seson opens 1/2 before sunrise and ends at 1/2 hour after sunset.

The weather was overcast which kept the birds flying more or less all day. Usually on hot sunny days it's pretty slow until around 4 or 5 pm.

I used my 1300 20 gauge with 8 shot and an improved cylinder choke, and managed to knock down 10 and the limit is 12.

Everyone at least had the chance to kill their limit and a few did. The most fun was watching the youngsters get their first bird and know that they're going to get hooked on hunting.

After the shoot we cleaned the birds and fried them up for a field supper and it was great.

We won't hunt this field again until Moday and after that we're done for the year in that field. I have to work so I won't get to go again, but I'd rather hunt one day than not hunt at all. :wink:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 12:51:56 AM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: Georgia Dove Opener Today
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 02:16:06 AM »
Sounds like fun. Good to see you include the kids. They are our future.
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Georgia Dove Opener Today
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 09:26:48 AM »
Bohica, you done good!  O0 Those kids will remember that hunt, too. All you folks that take kids along deserve a pat on th back and a good handshake for what you are doing.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments