December 18, 2017, 03:45:49 AM

Author Topic: Squirrel N' Noodles  (Read 4193 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Squirrel N' Noodles
« on: August 25, 2006, 11:28:20 PM »
I thought that I had already posted this, but I couldn't find it, so here it is! O0

Take 3-6 squirrels (dependant upon how meaty you want it and what the squirrels are.....gray vs. fox).

Put the squirrels in a crock pot and add in 2 big cans of chicken broth (about 2 quarts or so).

Peel an onion and pitch it in the crock pot also (don't cut up, slice, etc).

Add a little poultry seasoning and course ground black pepper.

Cook the squirrels until they're done (meat coming off the bone).  Get the squirrel out of the crock pot and set it off to the side to cool a little so you can pull the meat off the bone.  Get the onion out and throw it away (you won't need it any more).

In a seperate pan, cook some egg noodles until they're about 3/4 done.

Put the egg noodles in the chicken broth that's in the crock pot and then add the deboned squirrel and stir up.

Cook for about 30 - 60 min more.  Best served in a plastic Cool Whip or Barbecue bowl with losts of black pepper and corn bread. Salt to taste.  O0

It's so good, it'll make your tongue slap your brains loose! :D

This recipe also works with the legs and thighs from wild turkeys.  Same directions.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Squirrel N' Noodles
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 12:51:27 AM »
Mercy, BC. I think you're gonna be the official camp cook :-P With recipes like that, the potato soup and squirrel jambolia, you should be at least twice as big as the guy you post in those dead squirrel pics. Oh yeah, you said you don't eat'em.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 07:16:02 AM »
I'll eat squirrel every now and then.  Not my favorite food though.  I guess I got burned out on them. :-;  Any kind of new recipe I get though I try out. :wink:  If there's one thing I like to do it's cook.  Not so much that I really "like" to cook, but when I cook, I get to EAT!!! :twisted:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 10:42:48 AM »
that sounds like great eating, BC! I know you don't lack for squirrels, either!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 12:15:47 AM »
Haha leave it to me to drag up a post from 2 years ago. :roll:

I was looking for some recipes for my squirrels and happened upon this.

BC, are you Mark McGuffey?  Or was there some recipe high jacking going on? :wink:
Anyways, it sounds awesome and I plan on making it next weekend. O0

turkeynutz

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 10:08:12 AM »
Sounds tasty. Has anyone tryed scrabble eggs and squirrel brains before. Now thats mighty tasty. O0

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 10:23:53 AM »
Sounds tasty. Has anyone tryed scrabble eggs and squirrel brains before. Now thats mighty tasty. O0
Yes, I have. My dad used to always eat the squirrel brains if there were any heads left on the squirrels.  :-P :-X
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

turkeynutz

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 10:26:45 AM »
 ;D Old timers grub. Used to eat bbq coon all the time too, growing up. O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 11:09:16 AM »
Or was there some recipe high jacking going on? :wink:

No recipe hijacking going on. O0  My step-dad taught me the recipe.  That old man could really cook! O0  He could make an old piece of shoe leather taste delicious. ;D

The sad thing is that all of his recipes were in his head and when he passed away, he took most of them with him. :'(  I've had to resort to experimenting trying to figure them out.

I've seen him dang near founder himself on a crock pot full of squirrel and noodles! ;D  He loved the stuff so much that it bordered on an obsession. :idiot2 :D

The recipe is also really good with the legs and thighs of wild turkeys.  With wild turkeys, most people just take the breast meat and really don't know what to do with the legs/thighs.  They're so tough that you have to either cook them in a pressure cooker or a crock pot for them to be edible.  I usually freeze a leg and a thigh in each package and use them like that.  If it looks like the leg bone is going to be too long to fit in your crock pot, just cut the meat off of the bone (don't cut the bone!!!) and put it in the crock pot like that.  It may just be me, but I think the marrow, if it's exposed from cutting the leg bone, gives the stuff kind of an "off" taste.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 12:55:48 AM »
Egg noodles like spatzel?
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Facebook Comments