October 23, 2017, 04:03:35 AM

Author Topic: Squirrel N' Noodles  (Read 4125 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Squirrel N' Noodles
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 08:48:30 AM »
Egg noodles like spatzel?

Nope.  Egg noodles like egg noodles. :wink:

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 07:05:27 PM »
Egg noodles like spatzel?
Ha I had to look that one up. ???

So I forgot to tell ya I made this dish a couple of weeks ago.  That was only like my third time ever cooking anything so I think it turned out just "okay", due to my inexperience surely.
The big Egg Noodles ended up sucking up all of the broth so it was more like a goulash.  And I just chucked the whole carcass in the pot...I thought I deboned it well enough but I thought wrong.  I didn't realize how many bones those little Bas***ds have!  Every bite I took, I about busted my tooth on a bone.

I think next time I am just going to use the appendages and back straps instead of the whole carcass...I think that should cut down on the bones that make it in.  I'm not sure what to do about the noodles sucking up the broth though...I guess just add more broth?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 10:22:12 PM »
LMAO!!! ;D

Yeah, use the 4 legs and the saddle piece (back part, behind the rib cage).  That's the reason that you cook the egg noodles in another pot first before adding them to the chicken broth. O0  Not to mention, the egg noodles need to cook relatively fast.  A crock pot cooks SLOW.  The first time I tried it, I put the egg noodles in the crock pot and ended up with a big lump of dough. ;D  That's when I "altered" the recipe, putting in to cook the noodles in a different pot until they're just about done and THEN adding them to the broth. O0  Experience is the best teacher though. :wink: ;D ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2008, 09:34:57 AM »
LMAO!!! ;D

Yeah, use the 4 legs and the saddle piece (back part, behind the rib cage).  That's the reason that you cook the egg noodles in another pot first before adding them to the chicken broth. O0  Not to mention, the egg noodles need to cook relatively fast.  A crock pot cooks SLOW.  The first time I tried it, I put the egg noodles in the crock pot and ended up with a big lump of dough. ;D  That's when I "altered" the recipe, putting in to cook the noodles in a different pot until they're just about done and THEN adding them to the broth. O0  Experience is the best teacher though. :wink: ;D ;D
I'm sure glad you posted this, BC! I would have just tossed the noodles in the crockpot and ended up with one big lump, too.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 06:32:36 PM »
I actually did cook them in a different pot, like you said.  I think the thing that got me was I cooked the noodles before I left for work, put them in the crock pot and then left the crock pot on warm all day while I was gone.
I probably should have just put the noodles in there and then unplugged the pot.  :uglystupid2

Facebook Comments