December 17, 2017, 07:00:13 AM

Author Topic: Another Michigander  (Read 1512 times)

Offline BreaknBrush

Another Michigander
« on: September 01, 2006, 02:08:59 PM »
I just came across this site today looking at how to gut and clean squirrels. I'm not a hunter yet though I'm going to take myself this season since I've never had anyone take me or show me how. I have field skills from being a scout in the army but that's the extent of that.

I was given an old Harrington and Richardson single shot 20 gauge so that took my "no money" reason away from me. :) Would be nice to get back into the woodline.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Another Michigander
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 02:17:30 PM »
BreaknBrush, welcome to the gang! Well, now you got to get hooked up with someone in your neck of the woods and learn the deeds.  O0 Don't worry, it will come to you faster than you think.  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 03:25:51 PM »
Welcome to GPS BreaknBrush!  Just dig around our Squirrel Hunting section and you'll find alot of good info to get you started.  And don't forget, you can always ask questions and see what you can shake out of these noggins around here!   :D
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 04:36:58 PM »
welcome to the site! two things right off i found this place looking for squirrel recipes.. and a long time ago (in a galaxy far far away) i started with a H&R single 20ga.  loved that lil gun! keep it clean and it will give you many many years of service!! anyways, kick back and enjoy toss your 02 in when ya can..
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline SwietsRick

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 05:17:12 PM »
Welcome from another Michigander O0
Wild Extremes Pro Staff Member
D A Outfitters ProStaff
Archer Full Throttle ProStaff

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 09:13:07 AM »
breakinbrush...I started out my addiction many moons ago with a New England Firearms single 20 gauge chasin squirrels, and believe me that gun got quite a bag full...but as my addiction continued, I wondered if I could nail geese, and turkeys...well my addiction to hunting took me to the depths of whitetail hunting, and I even got a button buck right between the eyes ( my mistake I was aiming lower in the chest region), and a nice doe...well I keep that 'ole gun around in case of coyotes coming into my yard...but since my second deer I found my addiction to hunting dragging me even deeper to depths of an affordable mossberg 500 pump...deadly... since then my addiction has driven me to Bow hunting...which has had a major impact on my life, so much so that my 'ole lady knows that we cant have "we" time from middle October untill almost Christmas unless its only a couple of minutes, cause if I aint workin, eatin or sleepin I aint got time for anything else...Hunting has taken over my life...but its a life I couldnt imagine not doing... O0
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline XTEC

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 01:49:08 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 02:13:46 PM »
Welcome to the site, glad you joined in.  O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 06:44:19 PM »
WELCOME  these folks have a ton of knowledge and more fun than is legal!!!!!
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline BreaknBrush

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 02:46:03 PM »
Thanks for the great welcome. I've been sifting through this site quite a bit and hoping for a break in between my school work to get a chance to shoot some bushy-tail critters.

Facebook Comments