October 20, 2017, 06:48:23 AM

Author Topic: new Slingshot hunter, maryland  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
Re: new Slingshot hunter, maryland
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 03:55:55 PM »
  A pack of feral dogs are probably more dangerous than a pack of wolves.
yeah tell me about last year as i was leading my hounds back to the truck after a night of huntin i noticed something following me when i turned around it was 3 somethings and they didnt look to happy to see me. after i put the hounds in the box i noticed the 3 dogs where just sitting about 50 yards away just staring at me with a funny look needless to say i wiped the look of 2 of their faces real quik amazing how quick a 12 gauge slug changes looks :twisted:
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline RYUKame

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 12:49:34 PM »
im not a REAL big deer hunter so ill get off my high horse. i do however want my dog to chase game. he is only 10 months old and is and awsome rabbity dog. ill try to refrain from letting him chase anything other than fox from now on. i never even thought that it would bother other hunters so much and i try to remain respectfull. especially in this forum from wich i hope to gain alot of knowledge.

i appreciate the responses none the less
"I was hostile to the white man...We preferred hunting to a life of idleness on our reservations. At times we did not get enough to eat and we were not allowed to hunt. All we wanted was peace and to be let alone. Soldiers came...in the winter..and destroyed our villages. Then Long Hair (Custer) came...They said we massacred him, but he would have done the same to us.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 02:35:19 PM »
im not a REAL big deer hunter so ill get off my high horse. i do however want my dog to chase game. he is only 10 months old and is and awsome rabbity dog. ill try to refrain from letting him chase anything other than fox from now on. i never even thought that it would bother other hunters so much and i try to remain respectfull. especially in this forum from wich i hope to gain alot of knowledge.

i appreciate the responses none the less
hey ryu dont take it personal.. i am sure in some places it is legal, just like i am sure it is legal in some places to use a semi 22 for squirrel (not here) also i am sure in some area the supposed late season squirrel yer allowed to use shotguns (not here) ahem mad? heheh
i was just stating what is and is not out here.. if its legal in your area, hell go for it then!! i am waiting for handgrenades to become a legit fishing lure myself.....and as per learnign something from this place and all the folks here.. you dont have a choice in that, you will learn something from them, i sure have.. i learned hmmm lets see, john andrews and islands dont mix, big58 dont hunt squirrels he hunts the nuts outta their paws.. mad river, well i will just let you experiance mad on your own.. brad mads cousin.... and myself a overfed longhaired leaping gnome.....
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 02:49:42 PM »
RYUKame, like Morax said, don't take anything personal, unless it is truely a personal attack on you, which by the way only happens to guys...

1.) that don't read the Pennsylvania Game Manual correctly and use a 12 Gauge Shot Gun (for several years mind you) during the Late Squirrel Season, when you are only permitted to use a rimfire rifle.  (Ooops. :-X)

2.) you happen to be a loud mouth and make the unfortunate mistake of telling everyone on this site that your wife bought a minivan. :'(

3.) that pull out the "poking stick" and "poke" another memember over something silly, serious, stupid, etc. :twisted:

Other than that, let your opinions fly and let people think what they may. O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline RYUKame

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 02:53:51 PM »
thank i appreciating you making me feal comfortable here im not offended i understand one must abide by the law/have thier own oppinion and such.
this is definatly a good forum and i like it so i guess your stuck with me for the time being at least

im not discouraged easily, the sign of a true hunter
"I was hostile to the white man...We preferred hunting to a life of idleness on our reservations. At times we did not get enough to eat and we were not allowed to hunt. All we wanted was peace and to be let alone. Soldiers came...in the winter..and destroyed our villages. Then Long Hair (Custer) came...They said we massacred him, but he would have done the same to us.

Facebook Comments