November 24, 2017, 05:20:07 PM

Author Topic: Dove Storage  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Big Papa

Dove Storage
« on: September 05, 2006, 08:26:28 AM »
 Hey guys and gals,

I went to the dove shoot yesterday (monday) got my limit...Well got home later then I thought I would (did a lot of missing) And had to get the kids fed, and showers and bed...I did not clean the doves rather put them in a wal-mart  sack put them in a large bowl and put 'em in the fridge....I will clean them after work today  but my question is do you think they will still be ok? I had 'em in the field with me for about 4 hrs put them on ice when i got to the truck....My wife is scared to death of the bird flu and then me being lazy didn't clean them last night....She swears the meat is bad now.
Big Papa is here!!

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Re: Dove Storage
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 08:29:23 AM »
You should have absolutely nothing to worry about. O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 08:48:59 AM »
I agree...thin skinned it doesnt take long for meat to cool...the innards may have a tinge of smell...but breasts will be fine...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 10:36:57 PM »
Don't worry about the birds they'll be fine.

I've been dove hunting since the early 70's and back then the legal shooting times always started at noon. Here in Georgia with an opening day of the 1st Saturday before Labor day you could count on some hot weather.

In the following years I've shot dove in Florida and Texas as well as Georgia and other warm/hot weather areas and despite hot temps. I've never had a bird spoil on me.

You may as a peace offering to your wife consider soaking the CLEANED breasts over night in either butter milk or Italian dressing. Use a glass container if possible because they seem to work better.

Wrap them in bacon strips and put them in a broiler and serve them with white rice and cream of chicken soup gravey and I bet your better half won't be mad at you after that. :wink: O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big Papa

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 11:44:01 PM »
  Thanks for your reply

Ok one more question. My son and I cleaned them  like we where shown (first time dove hunting for either of us) tonight looks like there might be some shot left in it Should I have picked it all out? Should I wait till I am ready to cook it defrost them and then pull it out?
 Iy was lead shot if that makes a difference in your answers..
Big Papa is here!!

Offline john

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 08:29:04 AM »
oh your wife is so right, this is horrible. totaly ruined...
fortunately the bird flue that is in the meat will only effect females . so its your duty to protect your wife an eat those bird up yourself.

Offline deertag

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 07:35:44 AM »
lol nice one  O0id say ok ill eat em all :twisted:
this is my rifle this is my gun this is the toy i use for fun!!!!

Facebook Comments