December 17, 2017, 01:04:41 AM

Author Topic: Bucket traps  (Read 7706 times)

Offline RYUKame

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
Re: Bucket traps
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 01:23:00 PM »
what do you guys suggest is the best way (besides using a firearm) to kill an animal in a live trap. remember im trying to keep the pelt.

i personally thought that throwing it in a freezer was the best way any suggestions?
"I was hostile to the white man...We preferred hunting to a life of idleness on our reservations. At times we did not get enough to eat and we were not allowed to hunt. All we wanted was peace and to be let alone. Soldiers came...in the winter..and destroyed our villages. Then Long Hair (Custer) came...They said we massacred him, but he would have done the same to us.

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 01:27:20 PM »
Drown it, no damages to the pelt at all. O0

Sounds cruel, but it has been done for years. O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 02:01:39 PM »
Drowning is quick and not that bad. or you can get a pole syringe and use lethal injection
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline RYUKame

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 08:41:08 AM »
yea i guess i will drown it then thanks for the advice
"I was hostile to the white man...We preferred hunting to a life of idleness on our reservations. At times we did not get enough to eat and we were not allowed to hunt. All we wanted was peace and to be let alone. Soldiers came...in the winter..and destroyed our villages. Then Long Hair (Custer) came...They said we massacred him, but he would have done the same to us.

Offline RYUKame

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 06:23:34 PM »
I got my bucket trap and assembled it it (easy) it seems like a really nice device, the storage space for the cost is great.
 i baited it with a fresh dead field mouse, do you think that will make good bait ?

do you think a frog would be better? or fish , wich do you think is best bait, for coon or fox

also would you say bait like a dead mouse/frog/fish is better if its more decomposed or fresh
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 06:27:02 PM by RYUKame »

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 06:25:36 PM »
Honeybun works great for coon not to sure if a fox would like it though :-\
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline RYUKame

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 06:42:28 PM »
thanks im definatly gonna try that, do you think the mouse is a waist of time though?

im trying to find ways to get bait from the woods itself so i dont have to spend any money, but thats actually kinda trivial for the time being  just wanna catch one.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2006, 06:46:02 PM »
As with any thing new try it see what happens. Maybe I'll give the mouse a try on my trapline O0 never thought of

Offline RYUKame

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2006, 06:48:10 PM »
i know, in gerret we go through so many frickin dead mice it aint funny , finnally i said damn i could use this

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2006, 08:03:11 PM »
Once again bohica shows his ignorance!!! :-\ :'( :'( :sad: :sad:

What in the h*** is a bucket trap? ???

And, I realize being a Southern boy, I ain't to swift on them cold weather critters, but aren't Lynx rare in the lower 48 and isn't it a big no-no to hunt/trap them? ???
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments