December 14, 2017, 05:09:28 AM

Author Topic: Early Birds  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Doe Belly

Early Birds
« on: September 08, 2003, 08:22:55 PM »
Ok I know several places have opened the season now.  What's the word out there?  Anybody pull in a good one yet?  Come on .... you have to give those of us still watching the calendar our fix!   :D

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
Early Birds
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2003, 01:09:00 AM »
Agreed! Somebody, please tell us about your hunt this early season. As above, we are going through withdrawl syndromes. Help!!   lol :lol:
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Early Birds
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 07:28:36 AM »
Ours opened last Saturday.  I haven't gone yet, but I've heard of some decent ones being taken.  So far I know of 2 that would qualify for P&Y and were in full velvet.  I don't know if P&Y accepts whitetails in velvet though.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
Early Birds
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 08:49:25 AM »
:twisted:  Still have 8 more day`s till Season Opens here in Central Florida,but it looks like we`ll have to deal with that  Category 5 Hurricane,adding a new 5 point Seat-Belt to my Climber so I`m not blown out,but I`ll be out there . :twisted:
Not Just Another Cracker !

Offline DeathFromAbove

Early Birds
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 09:31:35 PM »
Quote from: Big58cal
Ours opened last Saturday.  I haven't gone yet, but I've heard of some decent ones being taken.  So far I know of 2 that would qualify for P&Y and were in full velvet.  I don't know if P&Y accepts whitetails in velvet though.

Not THAT would be SWEET!  :D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Early Birds
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2003, 10:56:01 PM »
Here's a couple taken so far (not by me).  I don't know what the first one scores, but he's a dandy.  The second one scores approx. 125, but is in full velvet.  You'll have to click on the links to check them out.

http://www.kentuckyhunting.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4732

http://www.kentuckyhunting.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4702
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments