October 21, 2017, 10:01:47 AM

Author Topic: Up or Down?  (Read 1492 times)

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
Up or Down?
« on: September 10, 2003, 01:59:03 AM »
when hunting whitetails, do you prefer a tree stand or a ground blind? does it depend on the lay of the property which you hunt on? do you use the stalking method?

I prefer a tree stand as i hunt in all hard woods with a few pines and cedars. iusually hunt about 14 feet high. this seems to work in my area.
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Up or Down?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2003, 07:09:01 AM »
I used to do all my hunting from a tree.  Anymore though, I try to find some type of natural structure on the ground and use it as a blind.  I still use tree stands, but prefer to stay on the ground.  When I do use the stands, I'm usually about 25-30 ft up.  It can add a bad shot angle sometimes, but deer don't look up at me anymore! :lol:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
Up or Down?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 09:01:05 AM »
:twisted:  When I hunt Turkey,I build a Ground Blind out of Palm-Fron`s,but everything else I hunt from my Climber,as high as the Tree`s around here let me.  :twisted:
Not Just Another Cracker !

Offline DeathFromAbove

Up or Down?
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 09:16:58 PM »
My preference is my climber.  However, it's always alot of fun to be on the same level as the little critters when they start ramblin' through.   :twisted:

Facebook Comments