December 15, 2017, 11:03:03 AM

Author Topic: "Why do you hunt"  (Read 2208 times)

Offline rifle-man

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
"Why do you hunt"
« on: September 10, 2006, 08:10:36 PM »
I'm sure this has been covered here , but I couldn't find an old thread.  I'd kinda like to hear you guys reasons.  This pretty much covers mine.

Why: For the sheer joy of it, everything from watching the first rays of light slipping through the trees, to the long shadows that slowly bring darkness. Watching squirrels,deer, coon,bluejays, fox, the occasional bobcat, all the critters that one sees. The smells of the fall woods, the colors of those same woods. The stark winter woods, when the trees are bare and everything you see is busy surviving. To put the world on hold for the day, to share a hunt with my best friend , for the time alone, to go back to a simpler time at least in my mind.

Who: My Pawpaw and my Dad, who would let this little bit of a kid tag along with them. Both of which would surely have taken more game if they weren't constantly untangeling me from a briar thicket, fishing me out of a ditch or any of the other obstacles that I couldn't negotiate. I owe a great debt to these two men who took the time to spend with a knot-headed kid, I learned a lot tagging along and not just about hunting!!!!!!!

Hunt for the Fun
Hunt for the meat
Hunt for the challenge
Hunt for the solitude
Hunt for the reasons you choose
Hunt and help others to Hunt!!!!!
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
Re: "Why do you hunt"
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 08:12:26 PM »
Why do i hunt   cause i dont feed the hounds all year for no other reason ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 08:41:06 PM »
Why do I hunt??  I hunt for the beauty of it all.  For the time in the woods.
For the beauty of nature and its creatures.  For watching my dog quarter a field and freeze on point when she catches the smell of a bird.  For the rush that you get when a big buck walks out in the open.  For the time spent with family and friends.  For the feeling of a long days work getting everything ready for the hunt.  Watching Gods creatures in their natural environment.
And last but not least for the food!   
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline I HUNT

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 09:13:07 PM »
why do  i hunt ?  for the challenge.   the pride you get when you are able to bring food home for your family that you have bagged and prepared yourself . the pure rush you get when you are on the trail of a big deer or elk.   then the calmness  right before you take the animal. and for any who's been there knows what were talking about. and i cant wait till my son shares the same feeling as i did on my first successful hunt. so i will know how my dad felt
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 10:22:13 PM by I HUNT »
elk is whats for dinner

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 11:58:16 PM »
I hunt because we were designed to be the top of the line predator. God gave us dominion over the beasts of the field,not the Tofu of the non dairy aisle. Contrary to the belief of PETA  the Lord intended us to harvest the bounty of the land, animals included. If we don't hunt the animals overpopulate and starve. Humane hunting keeps the population in check. That is what predators do and I believe that is why we are at the top of the food chain. I also hunt because some days that is the only thing that brings a little sanity back into my life. After spending six days a week with rapists, murderers, child molesters, drunks, morons, and assorted idiots a guiet morning in the woods will do wonders to restore your faith in life in general. There can be no doubt in ones mind that there is indeed a supreme being who designed and created this world and everything in it after a quiet morning sitting under a tree watching the world wake up and come to life around you. There is a world of difference between hunting and killing. It is nice to be able to harvest and animal and put it on the table but hunting is so much more than the harvest.
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 08:05:13 AM »
I hunt for the fun of it, I like haging out and joking around with the guys I hunt with and I like being in the out doors.....they food is just an added bonus.... O0
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 08:21:39 AM »
Why do I hunt.  Well, there are the first rays of sun light, the crisp morning air, the dew the collects on the grasses, the sounds of the forrest waking up, but seriously, I really like to kill things, I like the smell of gun powder, and I like the silence after a shot rings out.  (Plus, the meat ain't bad either.)
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline RYUKame

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 08:48:35 AM »
I hunt to free myself from the grip of a society built around taking the easy way out. I hunt to free myself from the brainwash that tells us to fear the wild beast, and that thier meat is somehow tainted just because it isnt USD approved. I dont hunt because I think I am better than a wild animal.I dont hunt because I think im top of the food chain, I hunt because I too am an animal. 8)
"I was hostile to the white man...We preferred hunting to a life of idleness on our reservations. At times we did not get enough to eat and we were not allowed to hunt. All we wanted was peace and to be let alone. Soldiers came...in the winter..and destroyed our villages. Then Long Hair (Custer) came...They said we massacred him, but he would have done the same to us.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 09:04:20 AM »
I hunt because my dad took me hunting. You might say I was born to hunt, it's bred into me. How many Indians do you know that DON'T hunt?  :twisted: I enjoy being out there with nature and enjoying it, hunting being a necessary part of it. I was laid up for the entire hunting season a few years ago, and that was worse than the pain.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline catfishsr

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 09:24:39 AM »
I was laid up for the entire hunting season a few years ago, and that was worse than the pain.
like john i was born to hunt/fish love the out doors love watching nature at its best .
a bad day hunting is better than a good day at work
john due to my reacent injurs i will miss this huntting season :'( but i will be ready next season O0 O0
NONE STAND AS TALL AS THE PERSON WHO BENDS OVER TO HELP A CHILD.

Facebook Comments