October 23, 2017, 07:52:55 AM

Author Topic: L. L. Bean Maine Hunting Shoe  (Read 1275 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
L. L. Bean Maine Hunting Shoe
« on: September 22, 2006, 06:40:23 PM »
Am I the only guy who wears these boots? I love mine but I haven't seen anybody else with a pair for quite a few years.

They're tough, walk well and if it gets really cold in my stand I wrap them in my boot blankets and my feet never get cold.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: L. L. Bean Maine Hunting Shoe
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 10:17:42 AM »
I've had a pair of Sorrels' for 15 years, and they are still good, but I bought a pair of "Redhead" knee high 1000 gram Thinsulate, after last years season for this season...they were on sale at "Bass Pro"...and many of times I wished I had the knee high waterproof, and now I got a pair...though I love these Sorrel's and still in decent shape I would love to pass them on...both of my step kids bought their own huntin boots this year, so now I'm at...what am I gonna do with them because Sorrel has withstood the test of time...they may need new liners, but other than that, I guess I can still wear them to snowblow the driveway...I hate to get rid of them, but after using my "redheads" I tend  to like them, and could very well get used to them,....I just hope they last at least 10 years...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Bryan

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Kill it and Grill it.
Re: L. L. Bean Maine Hunting Shoe
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 08:24:23 PM »
bohica,

I have a pair, and still use them for things such as snowblowin' the driveway, shovelin' the sidewalk...etc.

But todays modern hunting/pac boots are so warm, comfortable, waterproof, and have ten times better soles, that I've never looked back since purchasing a more modern boot.

It has a lot to do with climate as well.  Here in Wisconsin it can get mighty cold and these suckers just don't work for long exposure to frigid temps as well as some of the more modern boots.

But I'll give ya this -- they are tough and have been in my closet ready for battle for a number of years (longer than I remember actually).

« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 08:26:02 PM by Bryan »
"Never shall innocent blood be shed,
yet the blood of the wicked will flow like a river...
For I shall spread my blackened wings...
and be the vengeful striking hammer of God."

Facebook Comments