November 21, 2017, 05:10:30 AM

Author Topic: upland bird season oh yeah  (Read 2596 times)

Offline wirwin

• Gut Pile Club Member
upland bird season oh yeah
« on: September 25, 2006, 09:25:54 PM »
Pheasant opens the fourth of November and quail opens the tenth.  I'm going clay pigeon shooting next week and so is my dads friend who I'll now refer to as my hunting buddy.  This will be my first official hunting trip.  I'm fourteen and I'm about to finish hunters education.  So I thought if you all and anything like recipes, tips ect.

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: upland bird season oh yeah
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 11:48:29 PM »
Hey, have fun and bring us back some good eatting.

The thing that sticks in my head after all these years; when I think back to my first time hunting is the responsibilty and trust that had been given me by my folks. They'd allowed me to take a loaded weapon and go into the field with it for the express purpose of taking game.

Yes there was the excitement of the hunt and anticipation of doing something I'd never done before. But there was also the realization of knowing that I held a tool in my hands that was capable of killing.

If I wasn't careful that tool could cause pain or even death to innocent people or myself. That knowledge was paramount in my mind then and it's never left after all these years.

And between that first hunt and tonight I've seen alot when it comes to firearms. Most good, some bad and once in a while even downright funny.

We are hunters, we take life as a way of life. We support and pay for and fight to insure there will always be a wild area for future generations.

To those who don't know and could never understand the above statement we must endevor to persevere and show by word and deed that we are the real champions of wildlife. We are the true conservators of this countries natural places and the fish, birds and animals that live in them.

You're going on your first official hunt, but it's more than that. You are continuing a heritage and tradition that is one to be proud of and one to be fought for.

We fight and win this battle by always playing by the rules. We respect the land and those who own it. We practice safety at all times with our weapons.

We explain with rationale and facts to those who attack us.

We do not argue or lower ourselves to the tactics they use.

We have the truth on our side and with young men like yourself as our future.....

The future looks pretty darn good!

Good luck and don't forget to LEAD them quail :wink:

They look slow, but looks do deceive!!! :wink: :wink: O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 07:47:18 AM »
Gool Luck man..... O0

Phesant opens here in Pa in late October and I can't wait.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 08:06:44 AM »
Bohica...well said... O0...I'm actually going to print that post because I have not read or heard anything like that in a long time...wirwin...print what he said and always remember those words...good luck to you this fall, and enjoy the outdoors youngman... O0
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline D45/70

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 06:32:02 PM »
 :D Upland hase been oien cence the 1st and ducks and geese open saterday . Phesents start oct 16th.
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline wirwin

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 07:05:29 PM »
Man bohica true words of wisdom.  I'll have to keep that.  I liked that last part, it was kind of like the "hunters creed."  And thank-you you have all been supportive and encouraging, thats what I like about the pile, theres no other forum like it,

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 08:12:10 PM »
ok for some reason i didnt see this posting untill now. dang bohica... those new pills the doctor gave you are really working good!! well stated and boy did it bring back some memories.... only thing i gotta add is be carefull out there wirwin.. come home safe.
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 11:13:56 PM »
Yep, the little green pills work the best.

The reds don't work anymore and...

I keep getting transmissions in my toaster oven from the intergalactic federation on planet Cooze-Cooze.

They're telling me to be ready for the coming of the all knowing, seeing true being of light and happiness. He will be disguised as a Pepper steak dinner at Madam Pong's Chinese restaurant down the street.

I must make certain noone eats him before he can impart his wisdom and knowledge!!!! :D :D :roll: :roll:

BTW....Thanks much!

« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 12:13:26 AM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 07:56:43 AM »
After re-reading bohica's words of wisdom I feel I should share what little knowledge I have.... ;D

Phesant hunting is extremely fun....but because of the kind of hunting it is you must be extremely careful.  Having just started Phesant hunting in the past few years I know what your going through....your extremely excited and can't wait to go.  But like bohic and Morax stated you must be extremely careful, in Phesant hunting you are in very close quarters with about 5 to 6 other guys and you must be aware of their positions along with yours and the positions of the dogs.  Nothing angers a hunter more than if you shoot one of his dogs..... :shock: 

When you see that first bird fly your gona wana bang, bang, bang....but you must make sure it is safe first.  You may miss the first few birds that you flush until you get used to it, I know I did, but once you get the hang of it you'll have them dropping like flies... O0

So again have fun....and bring us some proof.... :twisted:
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline wirwin

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 06:06:55 PM »
Thank you for the tips.  Yes I know to be very carful, most of the hunting accidents happen upland game hunting and I would prefer not to be responsible for making hunting look bad.

Facebook Comments