November 21, 2017, 07:14:18 AM

Author Topic: upland bird season oh yeah  (Read 2597 times)

Offline wirwin

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: upland bird season oh yeah
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 05:44:02 PM »
Well guys i just got back from shooting and my hunting buddy had his 12 gauge semiautomatic.  I shot itand imediatly fell in love with it.  I liked how I shot a lot better with it and it had low recoil and it was semiautomatic.  I thought that that 20 gauge and I would never part.  I'm going to us it on my first hunt so I would be the third generation to use it upland huntig. I've got 300 dollars and I want to get a used one for less than that.  I was looking into the 9200 mossberg.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 11:50:23 AM »
I have bird hunted from Alaska to the western states, and from the midwest to Michigan. I left some to go to seed for you fellas.  O0 The dumbest birds I ever killed were the Alaska birds, and some blue grouse in Utah. The western chuckars were tough to hunt. The toughest birds I ever killed were pheasants in Idaho, called Mongolian pheasants. They are bigger than the Chinese pheasants we have in our midwest, and the Mongolian birds don't have the gray on their backs. Iowa tried stocking beautiful golden pheasants here on several occasions. We would see them in the release areas and didn't shoot them. We might as well have shot them because they didn't survive long, they were not equipped to survive with their long tails. Their long tails made it easier for animals to catch them.  As far as quail, our numbers are way down compared to when I was a younster. So are the woodcock numbers. I spotted a pair at work and pointed them out to some of my coworkers. My coworkers had never seen those birds before. We used to shoot woodcock quite often here while hunting quail.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 09:27:09 PM »
 :D just in some of our birds this year O0
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 02:09:35 AM »
D45, that's really good,  O0 especially the last picture!  ;D  ;D  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments