November 23, 2017, 11:35:40 AM

Author Topic: squirrel hunting question #2  (Read 4449 times)

Offline squirrelkiller#1

squirrel hunting question #2
« on: May 08, 2004, 04:14:01 PM »
where is the best place to shoot a squirrel?

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 07:27:27 PM »
In the woods!    :roll:    

hehe....sorry couldn't resist!  :wink:    Gotta go for the head shots...nothing better.   :twisted:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 07:52:09 PM »
Head shots only!!!  Nothing better than seeing half their head blown off from a little .17 HMR round! :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 08:33:03 PM »
if you are a good marksman, head shots, if you are a great marksman, shoot for teeth and eyeballs only!!!!

Oh, and be sure of a good backstop!!!  It will be hard to pass on a few of the shots, but imagine what the consequences could be!!!
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

april

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 02:34:17 AM »
Shoot the head and they'll be dead :twisted:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 06:10:58 PM »
Pretty good, folks! Yep, in the woods, in the head! Only head shots count, our motto! :shock:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 02:40:27 AM »
:shock: That's pretty good! I can picture that! I shoot some with the nut still in the squirrel's mouth. One time I aimed for the squirrel's neck because the squirrel had a nut in his mouth. I showed it to a buddy at work, the neck shot squirrel with the nut still in his mouth. He thought it was really cool, and took up hunting squirrels with a rifle. Nowdays, he is a pretty serious squirrel hunter. Now that I hunt with a .17, I'm going to shoot the nut in the squirrel's mouth, if the squirrel is looking straight at me. You think that will really expand the .17? Y-E-P!  :shock:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 09:47:59 AM »
john, of you do that you really need to take pictures!!!!!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 09:52:25 AM »
Firekidd, I certainly will, now that I have a decent camera. The fella I showed the squirrel with the nut still in its mouth had never seen that before, a dead one with the nut. Some people just don't get out enough!

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 10:00:55 AM »
well then I admit that I need to get out more, I haven't been privelaged enough to see that......
but with the guidance of the gutpilers, maybe one day I too can see that amazing sight......

Got pics???

Facebook Comments