November 18, 2017, 05:19:55 AM

Author Topic: squirrel hunting question #1  (Read 4158 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
squirrel hunting question #1
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2004, 08:08:49 PM »
A couple of years ago, after I had made a big fox squirrel into a squirrel-kabob, and had it on the front of the 4-wheeler, I went down into the field and found the landowner after I was done hunting for the morning.  He started giving me crap about passing up a couple of shots at deer that morning.  That's when I said, "At least I got some meat", and pulled out the "squirrel-on-the-stick".  He laughed his butt off!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline HeavyChevy

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
  • Aint nothing better in life then HUNTING,HAUNTING
    • http://www.hhh-usa.org
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2004, 11:28:48 PM »
spot and stalk baby spot and stalk.
Rick Kube
LM NAHC
MB MICHIGAN BOW HUNTERS
mb comerative bucks of michigan
LM MUDH
Founding member of HUNTERS HELPING HUNTERS.

Offline john

blinds?
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 09:53:12 AM »
personaly my best squirrel hunting gear is a baloney sandwich and a thermos of coffee... go ahead,,,sit there a moment with hot coffee in one hand,,,a baloney sandwich in the other and your rifle leaning against a tree! be damned if a dozen won't come out to sun bathe!

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2004, 02:12:56 AM »
John, I think you are on to something there! If you are standing on the bow and taking a leak, your fishing pole will usually get a bite. Same way with squirrels. Get sidetracked doing something else, and squirrels pop up everywhere. Especially if your gun gets jammed or your zipper is stuck open. Works, too, if you run out of ammo. :oops: Don't let them know you have another box of ammo in your other pocket. :wink: :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments