November 22, 2017, 04:14:41 AM

Author Topic: Bowhunting odds & ends...  (Read 851 times)

Offline Orion

• Applied for my club membership...
  • You've enough time to sleep when you're dead.
Bowhunting odds & ends...
« on: October 01, 2006, 09:22:00 PM »
Just kinda curious about a few things...

#1. How high are you? How far does everyone go up in a tree. I prefer 15-25 ft. My father & uncle prefer 30-40 ft. I honestly don't know, how high should one get up. Personally I like being a little lower but always catch flak for it. Does anyone think it really matters?? Suggestions??

#2. We using the bathroom from your tree, are you really trying to pee in a bottle? From what I understand human urine only smells like ammonia and doesn't affect deer that much. personally I just "Shoot the rainbow" and let er fly. Haven't had a problem. Saw 3 does today alone shortly afterwards.

#3. I pack a treeclimber in and out of the woods. Everyone tells me i should more or less "still" hunt or stalk on my way in and out during shooting hours. Personally I prefer to pack up my stand, get it on my back, put away my release and make a bee-line for the truck. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Do you think you can really make a clean and ethical shot with a stand on your back?

#4. When mother nature No. 2 calls, how far do you travel from your stand before you feel comfortable doing the deed? Just curious. Besides, this is good information for new bowhunters... LOL. I try to go atleast 20-25 yards, if I can I go 70 yards.

#5. When are they ging to start issuing PETA tags???
Be careful what you say to someone with nothing. Its almost like having it all.
-Todd Snider

We're All Here Cause We're Not All There.

Facebook Comments