November 24, 2017, 12:18:15 AM

Author Topic: bell , the rat terrier  (Read 4666 times)

Offline john

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
bell , the rat terrier
« on: October 12, 2006, 04:28:45 PM »
ok just a brief summary of bells progress to date.
she's ten months old today.
she has tree'd 4 squirrels, a racoon, a possum and many chip monks.
last weekend she barked on tree for the first time.
she is now covering three times the area she did when we started. and we can cover about six to ten acres in a couple hours.
the leaves are still very thick , but starting to fall. and the squirrels are still cutting nuts in the top of the trees.  another week or so and they should be on the ground. i think bell will be able to find them a lot easier then. and i'll be able to find them better to knock them down.
all in all im pretty happy with what she is doing in the woods. and on top of that she's the nicest dog around the house. real protective of my grandkids. just about gnawed my son's arm off when he was wrestling with them.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: bell , the rat terrier
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 04:34:24 PM »
tell him next time not to wear the squirrel outfit.  good to hear the progress bell has made, i want to hear about after she catches one un aware hahah
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 04:34:34 PM »
Cool, i dont have any dogs. And the only dog in the family is my dads and she is a crack head. The nephew is scared to death of her. She won't hurt him just likes to jump to much. She is a black lab.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 06:27:25 PM »
Sounds like Bell is gonna be top-notch  O0 . And even if she wasn't , it'll be more fun than is legal!!!  ;D

good huntin to ya!
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 06:20:00 PM »
Sounds like Bell is gonna be top-notch  O0 . And even if she wasn't , it'll be more fun than is legal!!!  ;D

good huntin to ya!
I gotta agree, you got a top notch dog there!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline john

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 09:45:11 AM »
darn dog,,,, doesn't seem to get that we're hunting squirrel. tree'd two coons yesterday.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 09:47:18 AM »
darn dog,,,, doesn't seem to get that we're hunting squirrel. tree'd two coons yesterday.
When plott reads this, he will want to borrow your dog to breed to his poodles.  :wink:  ;D  ;D  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 11:22:49 AM »
Traded you I got a redtick that thinks we are squirrel hunting >:( cause they are easier to get at night I just got the wrong hound with me
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline nchunter16

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 05:29:32 PM »
thats great to hear.hope u got a bunch of tree rats this year

Offline john

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 09:58:05 AM »
every night when i take bell out for her last time, about 9 o'clock, theres a rabbit sitting out by the back fence.
bell always chases it and gets withing ten feet befor it slips her in the rose bushes.
last night she was off like a shot , almost had him. after he got away she went over to my appple tree and got up on it and started looking for the rabbit.

ok,, coon, possum i can accept. but now the goofy mut is treeing rabbit!

Facebook Comments