November 19, 2017, 11:14:16 AM

Author Topic: bell , the rat terrier  (Read 4660 times)

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
Re: bell , the rat terrier
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 02:35:08 PM »
Thats definetly an all round hunting dog  O0
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 06:28:36 PM »
I know this may not be the correct topic, but I can't find the one were you guys are talking about the hounds....  ???

John A, Plottdogg or anybody that is into coon hunting, I have a question for you..... Do any of you guys know a guy by the name of Todd Morgan? He lives in Michigan....

Ever heard of this guy?

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 08:06:13 PM »
John A, Plottdogg or anybody that is into coon hunting, I have a question for you..... Do any of you guys know a guy by the name of Todd Morgan? He lives in Michigan....

Ever heard of this guy?

You know for some reason the name sounds familar but I cant place it. Whats he hunt ?
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 08:23:13 PM »

Ever heard of this guy?

You know for some reason the name sounds familar but I cant place it. Whats he hunt ?

I think he breeds beagles and has a few hounds he coon hunts with... He also works for UKC, from my understanding....
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 08:29:46 PM »
Now that you say that he does work for UKC not sure of his position but I do know he moderates one of their forums he raises blueticks and beagles hey thats almost my combation except according to John A its plotts and poodles
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 08:32:40 PM by plottdogg »

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 09:21:54 PM »
Now that you say that he does work for UKC not sure of his position but I do know he moderates one of their forums he raises blueticks and beagles hey thats almost my combation except according to John A its plotts and poodles

Yea, pretty cool guy...  I've known him for a couple years and heading up to his place in 3 weeks to do some A/I work on some of his doe.  I guess while I'm up there he's gonna introduce me to coon hunt'n.  I've never been coon hunt'n but from reading you guys posts, it kinda has me a bit excited....   :wink:

He said that some of you guys may know him and to ask...   I'll see if I can get him to start stopping by so you guys can pick on him as well about his hounds.....    :twisted: 

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 10:52:49 AM »
Stony, you are really going to like coon hunting.  O0  O0 I give plott a lot of poking, but ol' plott skins a lot of coon by the end of coon season, I bet. And, plott has been cross training some of his dogs. That takes a lot of dog savy to do that. Dang, did I actually compliment ol' plott? I gotta be more careful in the future, and get my poking stick sharpened.  :wink:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 03:18:32 PM »
 That is going to be an awesome time stony. let me give you some words of advice if the man you are hunting with says its alittle rough back in these parts what he means is strap on your hiking boots cause alska has got nothing on this place also when any one says thats strange that hound has never done that before that means it does it all the time and will probably do it again. So Stony when your done learning the art of coon hunting by a professianal come to Iowa and I'll show you some coon hunting that is only for the brave of heart there is no thrill like loading 4 hounds in the box one on top of the box and one on the hood of the truck and then cruisin back roads waiting for the dogs to bellar then sliding to a stop letting the dog off the hood and top of the box then watching them run opposite ways  :twisted: and John A I dont skin to many coons at least not that I'll abmit to I dont some holier than thou to condem me for being a " hide hunter"

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »
Yea Plott and John A, I kinda figured I was getting into something like Snipe Hunting.   When a guy happily says awh you'll have a great time, I tend to cringe knowing I'm in for an experience...

I've been trying to get the Ol' boy to log on and introduce himself to you guys. I keep telling him that you are a bunch of good folks and to join in...  Maybe he'll sneak in here before to long....

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006, 07:51:09 PM »
, plott has been cross training some of his dogs. That takes a lot of dog savy to do that. Dang, did I actually compliment ol' plott? I gotta be more careful in the future, and get my poking stick sharpened.  :wink:
Dang John I had to read that twice I kept lookin for the poke but didnt see it are you losing your touch

Facebook Comments