October 17, 2017, 02:39:25 PM

Author Topic: A different angle to hunting  (Read 884 times)

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
A different angle to hunting
« on: October 12, 2006, 05:51:05 PM »
As some of you know, I sometimes help out with granting terminally ill and disabled hunters their "dream hunt" or "dream wish".   The encounters of meeting the families and seeing the faces of these folks light up is truly indescribable.

It is like a roller coaster of emotions, a true high when the hunt has taken place and then a low that is beyond words.

Please take some time and read about a young man named Keegan. His story started just a few months ago in March of 2006 when his family contacted United Special Sportsman's Alliance (USSA) and told Brigid O'Donohue of his story. 

Below is the link to his story..
Keegan's Story  

Sometimes hunting has more of an impact then one might think. Sometimes the hunt has nothing to do with the killing or the size of the animal, but rather with the healing and understanding that comes along with the hunt...

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: A different angle to hunting
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 10:43:33 AM »
Right you are, Stony! I enjoyed reading that. He was quite a guy and appreciated that last great hunt, too.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline SwietsRick

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 12:20:57 PM »
The true hunter does not hunt to kill; the hunter kills to have hunted"

"Hunting is a process, not an event"

How should it be regarded?
Hunting "is not merely an acquired taste; the instinct that finds delight in the sight and pursuit of game is bred into the very fiber of this race (man). We are dealing, therefore, with something that lies very deep. Some can live without opportunity for this exercise and control of the hunting instinct, just as I suppose some can live without work, play, love, business, or other vital adventures. But in these days we regard such deprivations as unsocial. Opportunity for exercise of all the normal instincts has come to be regarded more and more as an inalienable right."
"Hunting continues to renew us, give us humbling mortality insights, and provide hope for our next role escape. There are so very few things in our lives that yield these most precious of gifts: renewal, humility, insight, and hope. We must treat hunting with the same reverence we hold for our religions, our children, and the world's greatest works of art."
"The hunt is the bicep of conservation . . . From hunting comes a supreme lesson for environmental conservation: self-interest extends to what we identify with, and we identify with whatever we are emotionally bonded . . . Let me put it this way. Put a 12-year-old boy in a duck blind with a shotgun in his hands and there is a fair possibility that he will grow up to join Ducks Unlimited and fiercely protect wetlands . . . the fact is that hunters were the original environmental conservationists, and they still lead in that field . . . "Every hunt is a prayer in motion . . . The hunter is so extremely alert and keenly present that for him life is sheer transcendence. He identifies the wild animal he hunts and feels submerged in the environment, every component of which lives for him. Content with landscape as utilitarian or abstract sightseeing, the civilized man is asleep, absent and egotistical"
 O0

« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 12:26:04 PM by SwietsRick »
Wild Extremes Pro Staff Member
D A Outfitters ProStaff
Archer Full Throttle ProStaff

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 12:03:16 AM »
 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments