November 21, 2017, 05:45:25 PM

Author Topic: "Lil dog" had about given up on me!!!!  (Read 3793 times)

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: "Lil dog" had about given up on me!!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 12:48:41 AM »
.   When I first looked at the pic it reminded me of the dog in the movie "MASK" with the huge head  ;D 

funny you should say that,  it's exactly what came to my mind.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 08:44:27 PM »
Nice! i like the dog. I have never hunted squirrels with one. I wonder how different it is.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 09:36:11 PM »
Nice! i like the dog. I have never hunted squirrels with one. I wonder how different it is.

Well thanks.  You should really try it, if you know someone with a squirrel dog ask  them if you might go sometimes.  It would be a strange squirrel hunter that would turn you down.  As for different-------- yes it is . You don't sneak in and sit or still hunt along, ease along and listen for the dog to tree, then you go to the sound of the dog barking. Once you pinpoint the dog then you get into sneak mode and ease up while looking at the tree the dog is on , sometimes you will see the squirrel 30 yards out, more often than not he will have already flattened out up on a high limb . This is when you may have to walk up to the tree and look for 10,15,even 20 minutes to see an ear or part of the tail or just a knot that looks out of place. Then there will be the times the squirrel makes it to the nest or into a den tree and the jig is up for that one!  It's not quite as easy as some would have you believe, watching and enjoying seeing the dog work is 90%  of the fun  O0    Just another way to hunt , not better, not worse ,  just different  O0 

If you get the chance try it , you may or may not like it, but you'll never know unless you try it !!!   O0
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 09:42:09 PM »

funny you should say that,  it's exactly what came to my mind.

;D ;D ;D I kinda figured that , you should have just said it. I ain't sensitive like ole Plott,  :twisted:
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 11:54:05 AM »
I ain't sensitive like ole Plott,  :twisted:
Like the saying goes sensitivity isnt crying at the movies it's knowing a bass is nibbling on the jig 15 feet down  heck if I was sensitive I would left along time ago ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 02:04:37 PM »
Yep, ol' plott is kinda sensitive. His hide is about a thin as a rhino's.  :wink:  ;D  ;D  ;D Why, plott doesn't even blink with you poke him with the sharp sticks. He just pokes right back like one of those fellers with the fancy sword work. He isn't French like those fancy sword jabbers, though. In fact, I'm not sure what plott is, but he must have some rascals and moonshiners on the family tree. Maybe a pirate or a rumrunner or two. Plott says it builds character. It certainly does!  :wink:  O0  ;D  ;D  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments