November 20, 2017, 06:08:21 PM

Author Topic: Weather clearing up  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Rookie in Kansas

• Gut Pile Club Member
Weather clearing up
« on: October 21, 2006, 10:07:20 PM »
Well, I am out early in the morning with some of Stoney's products to give it a try again.  Did not make it out today, raining pretty hard all day and windy.  Will update tomorrow night of the day's events. 
Shoot straight and dropem where they stand!

Offline crazysquirrelpoon

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: Weather clearing up
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 07:34:52 AM »
I'm in the same boat R.O.K.
It's 0% moonphase and 30F out, with a 10 nw wind.
Proud Democrat

Offline Rookie in Kansas

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 09:06:25 AM »
OK boys, sharpen those sticks..................

I didn't make it out this morning and why you ask, well I set the alarm for 4:30 PM vice AM.  The dog woke me at 8 this morning to go outside.  Dang it, missed the morning hunt but won't miss the afternoon/evening hunt.

;D  I laughing already plotts/rifleman/and the rest of the pokes about to receive.

Offline crazysquirrelpoon

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 10:48:41 AM »
well, i made it out, but got duped by a squirrel.

i sat out and froze for about 2 1/2 hours this morning.  I finally decided to call it a day, and figured i'd make a quick trip around to my other stand to check for sign.  On the other side of the woods, i've got a hanging stand in a group of oaks.  -with my bow in hand, i walked as quitely as i could down the trail.  I heard something stirring the leaves so i froze and listened.  After sitting there for a couple of minutes a squirrel ran across the path about where i heard the sound, so i figured screw it, and started walking again....just then a decent buck jumped up and ran away.--if i would've cleared a few more bushes in the offseason, i would've had a shot....oh well......maybe tonight
Proud Democrat

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 12:28:45 PM »
I didn't make it out this morning and why you ask, well I set the alarm for 4:30 PM vice AM.  The dog woke me at 8 this morning to go outside.  Dang it, missed the morning hunt but won't miss the afternoon/evening hunt.
See now you learned your lesson. If you get yourself a coonhound you can coon hunt all night then when its time for the morning deerhunt your up all ready. I cant wait for deer season to roll around theres nothing like hunting all night and day for a week straight then spend the next week recovering from lack of sleep and lots of walking  O0
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 01:36:19 PM »
See now you learned your lesson. If you get yourself a coonhound you can coon hunt all night then when its time for the morning deerhunt your up all ready. I cant wait for deer season to roll around theres nothing like hunting all night and day for a week straight then spend the next week recovering from lack of sleep and lots of walking  O0
You can do that while you are still a ridgerunner and young, like plott. Hey, Rookie, POKE*POKE*POKE, you are officially poked, sleepyhead!  :twisted:  ;D Even an old coot like me can get up in time! POKE*POLE*POKE*POKE.  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Rookie in Kansas

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 10:17:31 PM »
Ok, got in the woods around 3pm and started setting some buck and doe scent trails.  Got up in the tree and settled down and started the waiting game.  Around 4:30pm I see these 7 or 8 turkeys out in the field.  They hung out there for about an hour and got within 60 yards of me.  In fact, since I have a fall turkey tag, I was going to try to shoot one if they got within 25 yards of me.  Around 6 pm I see a father and son walking in the opposite side of the field from me.  They go into a tripod stand in the northwest corner of this field and I am in the southwest corner.  Now it is really getting low on light and I see a doe come into the field on the north end, about 60 yards from the tripod.  It is almost dark and there are about 5 or 6 deer in the field on the north end, not sure what all of them are but I climb down and head south as not to spook them.  What a day and to top it off, while cutting through a 100 yards wide section of trees to another field to head out a coyote yelps and raises all hell to my right.  Scared the hell out me since it sounded like it was right there and I must admit I yelled back.............. :shock:  Next weekend.......................... O0

Turkey pics:

Facebook Comments