December 18, 2017, 12:12:34 AM

Author Topic: Hello from PA.  (Read 1643 times)

Offline tren75

Re: Hello from PA.
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 10:07:23 PM »
stony do you have any of that in stock if I order it this week. The total-draw that is, I still want the max draw, also could you give me some pointers on how to use the max draw in the most effective manner, I will be hunting a new spot all this week and would like to use it asap when it arrives.  thanks. 

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 11:51:16 AM »
Welcome to the campfire, trent!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 04:21:42 PM »
Hey another guy from pa alright. I am in adams or franklin not quite sure at the moment. but nice to know that pa is being represented.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline kevytheman

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 12:39:53 PM »
I don't know what phase the bucks are in up in your neck of the woods, but I hadn't seen a single scrape yesturday.  I usually don't start using scents until I see scrapes being put out by the buck.  Although, I plan on making a mock scrape in the morning to see if I can manipulate the bucks into starting to claim territory. 

I always start off with buck urine to get the bucks attention and I do this through mock scrapes. Then after a few days of working the buck and he is making fighting rubs around my mock scrape, then I will use both BuckDraw and MaximumDraw in the mock scrape.  Then a few days before the doe start to come in to estrus, I will use the TotalDraw.

I try to match the urine I use to the seasonal cycle that the deer are in. I try to be as close to a "real deer" in the woods as possible when I introduce scents in my setups.   

I would be a little cautious about introducing doe urine before I introduced buck urine.  Thats just me though. I know a lot of guys have had results just by using the doe urines in scent drippers or scent wicks.  I guess it all depends on what type of buck your after. I like to go after the older buck and I found that starting to work an area with buck urine and mock scrapes seems to keep them coming back until I can get a shot at them.

As far as having product, we are in full swing of collection and have products available.  It's just during the middle of October through the end of Novemebr that we get behind.  We don't start to collect until the bucks loose their velvet and this usually takes place around theend of August, first of September. This year the bucks held velvet 2 weeks later than normal so we didn't start to collect until the first week of September.

When you get the scents, remember to keep them in the fridge.  The urine will last a lot longer than if you store them at room temp.  Also, I have tons of info on here about setups. You may want to take some time a read some of it.  It makes things a little clearer and may help get you on a nice ol' buck....  Also, some of the guys that have used our scents in previuos season are lurking on the forum.  They maybe able to chime in and share what setups had worked for them...  (hint - hint)     :wink:

heres the link to setup;
http://www.gutpilestyle.com/ForumSMF/index.php?topic=3762.0

Good luck and happy huntin'

Facebook Comments