December 15, 2017, 01:19:44 AM

Author Topic: 1st post from michigan  (Read 1269 times)

Offline 9mmronin

1st post from michigan
« on: October 23, 2006, 08:58:44 PM »
Hello everybody!! 

did a search on squirrel hunting and found this place.  Only been hunting 3 times in my life (1 pheasant ranch, 2 failed attempts for deer **froze my a$$ off**)  But I want to learn small game hunting!!  Just put together a ruger 10/22, and it needs to get out in the woods!!  Always looking for advice/ tips/ stories/ where to hunt / and BS !!!!

p.s. I'm from metro detroit area (nw. oakland co.)

look forward to learning from you!!

Offline rifle-man

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 1st post from michigan
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 09:48:01 PM »
WELCOME you have found BS central  O0

Good bunch here and they know a lot about everything but  quantum physics  ;D
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 12:52:25 AM »
Welcome to the pile, pull up a log by the fire, toss one on the fire and sharpen a stick( you'll see what you might need it for eventually). Best advice for beginning squirrel hunter is:
 A: learn to enjoy the hunt with an empty game bag
 B: keep trying and you'll eventually connect

I did a couple of years trying to even see game but the area was rather over hunted. Then I got permission on some seldom hunted land and suddenly I was bagging squirrel, rabbit, and deer on a regular basis. Persistence is the key.

As for advice on BS, your amoung masters here ;D
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline SwietsRick

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 03:51:38 AM »
Welcome 9mmronin from another Michigander (Ann Arbor area) the Pile will either make you or break you. There actually a bunch of great folks that share a love for the sport we call hunting. The difference is most of these folks use a Bang Stick where I prefer a Sharp Stick  in the eye shooting style  O0
Wild Extremes Pro Staff Member
D A Outfitters ProStaff
Archer Full Throttle ProStaff

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 10:33:23 AM »
9mm, welcome to the gang! As you can see, you are already surrounded by some rascals of ill repute.  :wink:  ;D Yes, you and your rifle should be in the woods whenever possible.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 12:02:43 PM »
Welcome to the pile and remember keep your head down some of these guys fling BS like its going out of style. Thankfully I'm one of the few who keeps a level head and doesnt resort to flinging anything  O0
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Ol JohnnyBoy

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 06:43:21 PM »
Welcome to 9mm. You're home now. Good group of guys here and like everyone else said...watch out for the  flyin' BS...some of these guys are good shots ;D ;D

Facebook Comments