December 11, 2017, 10:25:43 AM

Author Topic: new member  (Read 1622 times)

Offline carolinaboy

« on: October 24, 2006, 08:37:28 PM »
I would like to say hi to everyone. would like any advice on squirrel hunting . haven't done much of it.mostly deer & doves

Offline rifle-man

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 09:17:01 PM »
WELCOME !!! come on up to the fire and have some coffee.   Squirrel huntin advice , hmmmmmmmmmm  get a good dog  O0  There are other ways to hunt em but why bother  ;D   

Good folks here and you can gets lots of great advice on all methods of squirrel huntin  O0
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Rookie in Kansas

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 09:33:27 PM »
Welcome to the best place to be, just watch your step for the BS laying around (thanks plott, rifle_man, Stoney and others).   ;D  You also need to get yourself a stick, kinda long for the multiple times you will need to resharpen it and poke back, hard and quick like.  You will definately learn something here about tree rat hunting and if you are old and salty like John A, you just go up to the tree, shake it really hard and ring their necks when they fall into your hands.   :twisted:
Shoot straight and dropem where they stand!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 01:36:05 AM »
Welcome to the mountain of squirrel savy!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 03:06:19 PM »
Welcome to the pile  O0
(thanks plott, rifle_man, Stoney and others).
Whats this list Rookie the Three most famous people you know  8) Glad to see I finally made number one on something other than a list the FBI put out
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 03:39:01 PM »
Welcome to the site CarolinaBoy. O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 07:14:03 PM »
hey fresh meat. I hope we here can help you learn to bag your self some tasty, tender, stomach fillling................... oh sorry i got carried away. ;D Oh and hi by the way.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline carolinaboy

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 07:40:31 PM »
hey rifle-man, thanks for the advice.but tell me what breed of dog is a good one.also which do you prefer to use a 22 or 17 cal ? just got the 17 last year , haven't even pulled the trigger on it. thanks for the info.

Offline rifle-man

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 09:37:22 PM »
hey rifle-man, thanks for the advice.but tell me what breed of dog is a good one.also which do you prefer to use a 22 or 17 cal ? just got the 17 last year , haven't even pulled the trigger on it. thanks for the info.

Breed--------  you kinda putting me on the spot   ;D  Naw, any of the treeing breeds will work , I have a hard time saying any one breed is better than another . Mine is a Jack Russell Terrier and I think highly of her but I would'nt say she is better than another breed. In fact she's a earth dog, not even a treeing breed  ;D

Weapon of choice for me is 22 magnum , I've heard the 17 s are TUFF!!!  I've never fired one but some of these other guys can tell you what to expect from the 17s    O0 O0
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 09:53:37 PM by rifle-man »

Offline rifle-man

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 12:30:57 PM »
thanks plott, rifle_man, Stoney and others
  Well at least I'm in good company  ;D    DANG , ole R K keeps a good point on that stick  :wink:

Facebook Comments