October 20, 2017, 11:05:19 PM

Author Topic: Cheapest hunting clothes for briars, thorns, while rabbit hunting  (Read 5008 times)

Offline Rodent Roaster

I'm wanting to start rabbit hunting instead of squirrel hunting.  I've been hunting rabbits before through briars, and I did not have the proper clothing.  I won't do that again!  Does anyone know if the camoflauge hunting apparel they sell at Wal-Mart is thorn proof?  They have some coveralls for around $40.  It is not Cordura material, but it does feel tightly knit, perhaps tight enough to resist briars.  Can anyone recommend the cheapest place to get effective briar and thorn proof clothing for rabbit hunting?  Thanks.

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: Cheapest hunting clothes for briars, thorns, while rabbit hunting
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 01:11:11 AM »
I don't know where you are located but here in Ohio the best briar gear is called Dan's it is made from some sort of synthetic fabric that is as close to armor as anything I have ever seen. If you wore a motorcycle helmet and kevlar gloves you could bull your way through a multiflora rose jungle. I will do some checking and see if they have a website.
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 12:45:39 AM »
You might also take a look on e-bay. They've got some good buys on used and new hunting clothes.

I've bought several jackets, vests and a jumpsuit over the years on e-bay and have yet to be disapointed.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 02:44:04 PM »
Rodent, I don't know if you really need the heavy duty Dan's or Wicks. Yeah they're bullet proof and allow you to charge full-body into the nastiest stuff out there, but while you're bull-dozing roses higher than your head, are you actually going to be able to shoot anything that you kick up? Another thing about the super brier busters is that they're close woven, heavy and don't breath well. Walking through waist-high honeysuckle takes a lot out of you, and you can overheat real fast. I usually just wear un-insulated brown duck type overalls(such as Carhardts) when I'm stomping out bunnies, with a set of blue jeans underneath. Up top I just wear a thin upland bird type jacket with a game pouch over a t-shirt. When it's real cold, I'll layer up with thermals or flannel shirts, but by noon, they're usually in the game pouch.  I get my arms scratched a little, but that's just part of the game. Anyone who complained of that when I was growing up was called a "momma's boy," " pantywaist" or various female body parts . If you can't hold your arms and shotgun over your head and let the bibs take the brunt of the assault, then you should probably stay out of there and leave those bunnies for seed.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 02:50:24 PM by ellwoodjake »
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

travo

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 08:15:53 PM »
i went on a quail hunt in missouri a few years back. i forgot my hunting jacket back in south dakota. all i had was my leather jacket. it worked great!!go to a pawn shop and get a cheap leather jacket. my hunting jacket gets forgot at home alot now.

Facebook Comments