November 23, 2017, 11:00:53 PM

Author Topic: My Coon Hunting Trip???  (Read 4003 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: My Coon Hunting Trip???
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 04:15:35 PM »
I think they are messin with me John A.....   :roll:   :twisted:     ;D  ;D

:wink: ;D Would this gang do that, Stony?  :roll:  ;D Yes, regarding your last post above, your pal could very well be setting you up for the old snipe hunt routine. Everyone knows you gotta have a gunny sack along, especially.  :wink:  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 07:38:08 AM »
Well, Ran a little late on Friday morning and it set me behind about 5 hours. By the time I got home to get ready to go to the airport, it was already 1:25PM. My flight was scheduled for 2:35 and the airport was still another hour away and I needed an hour or so to go through the mouse maze security at the airport. 

So I called the airline to see if they had a later flight, which they did but wanted another $750.   I cancelled my ticket and planning another trip in the next month or so. 

Man, I was really excited to go coon hunting too!!!   >:(

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 08:16:33 AM »
 :shock: Extra $750! Yipes! I would have booked later, too. That's too bad, your missed flight, Stony.  :'( I used to work for airlines and was a full line agent for 2 years. Fares can be really cheap and really expensive. We used to tell folks to allow an hour for check in and boarding security, etc. Of course, things are worse now. Hey, you are taking your lucky socks and hat, can of rocks, maybe heavy waders, and pogo stick along?  :wink: Don't forget gunny sack and whistle. A harmonica would be good, too.  :wink: Oh marbles work better than rocks, unless you can find some agates for the can.  :wink: Seriously, I will make one suggestion for take along, a compass.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2006, 10:08:23 AM »
In the words of a famous person "that blows"  oh well the later you go the more likely the swamps and creeks will be froze over just watch where you step
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 12:46:22 PM »
What I'm waiting for is when plott and AB go coon hunting together. That should be an episode well worth printing, if they survive.  :wink:  ;D
Plott says if his dogs tree a couger, AB gets to climb the tree and shake the cat out of the tree. I want pictures if they do. I can see it now, AB climbs up and shakes the cat out, and plott is dinking with the camera, trying to get it to work while he's directly below the cat.  :shock:  ;D The cat shakes out, lands on plott, and the dogs pile on.
Then, when the battle half way through, AB hollers down and tells plott that when he's done with that one, he will shake out another one for him. Or, AB hollers out, "Heads up, plott! Another one on it's way"!  ;D
After the great battle and AB climbs or falls out of the tree because he was laughing too hard to hang onto the limb, Plott says, "Hey, AB, help me find my missing ear and my boot. My wife will sew on my ear, and my boots are 'bout brand new".

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 10:00:16 AM »
Plott says, "Hey, AB, help me find my missing ear and my boot. My wife will sew on my ear, and my boots are 'bout brand new".

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If that ain`t Plott nothing is
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 10:07:30 AM »
PBH, plott's BETTER HALF, would tell us plott looks like a puzzle sewed together. He gets whanged and cut more than anyone I know. PBH should have been a critter vet or an EMT. Either way, she must be a master with her needles.
I hear ol' plott has had the same ear sewed back on a dozen times. One time PBH sewed on a hound's ear, just for giggles. Plott didn't discover the hound's ear attatched on his head until 3 days later, and only discovered the hound ear because he kept wanting to scratch behind his ear, for some reason.  :roll:  Fortunately, PBH had plott's missing ear in the frig, and it took took only 5 minutes to make the switch. I think she should have left the hound's ear on plott's head.  ;D

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 06:22:30 PM »
I think she should have left the hound's ear on plott's head.  ;D

Yeah cause thats alot better than what she stuffed his brains with  ;D ;D

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 12:02:03 PM »
If plott loses a part while hunting here, I am going to use super glue and my electric stapler to put the part back on. Quick, easy, and PBH can remove the staples when plott gets home. Or, just leave the staples in.  ;D Can't you just see it, he rolls in home with two pig ears stapled to his head? Or squirrel ears? Or groundhog or coyote ears?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Facebook Comments