November 23, 2017, 05:19:41 PM

Author Topic: Scent-Lok investigation  (Read 881 times)

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
Scent-Lok investigation
« on: November 10, 2006, 12:19:22 AM »
Here is an investigative report done on carbon clothes.....   

Click Here to View News Report
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Re: Scent-Lok investigation
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 08:33:28 AM »
Interesting.  She pointed out just about everything that I wondered about Scent-Loc and Scent-Block Clothing.  Those are the reasons I have yet to dump all of that money into the clothing.

If your clothes are aired out, you are not perfumed, you and your clothes have been sprayed with scent eliminator, and you use some cover scent, I think you will be more than fine.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline crazysquirrelpoon

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 10:11:27 AM »
I use scent lok and love it.  I don't think there's any way possible to eliminate all human odor, but if the carbon absorbs even some of the odor (which no one disputes), it's a plus.  It's just a matter of personal opinion to decide if it's worth the price.  I've had three different does walk within 10 feet of me when i'm in my ground blind, and not smell me with them directly downwind. 
-I think until the deer has a reason to go on alert, they disregard a fair amount of human scent. --that's just what i've seen anyways. --heck i could have put my cigarette out on the butt of one doe this year.  She looked at the smoke and sniffed at me for about thirty seconds and didn't spook until i shifted my weight and a twig snapped.
Proud Democrat

Offline Jon

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 05:11:17 PM »
I too have had deer 10-15 yards away from me wearing only my BDU jacket,a pair of jeans, and an orange hat and not have the deer know I was there.

I don't believe in the scent lok product, simply because I've seen too many animals up close and personal without it.
rimfireshooting.com

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 06:25:52 PM »
Huge waste of $$ in my opinion.  Especially for deer hunting.  Even if it did work worth a hill of beans, it just isn't needed.  I have older chem warfare suits that have 1000 times the activated charcoal of that scent lock crap.  They don't work either.  I don't hunt in a stand, I am on the ground, beside a tree, near a trail.  Had them come from all directions.  Sure they scented me many times, that's when they start looking around, trying to find me.  If they are already spooked, usually by other hunters, then they are spooked and no amount of scent reduction is going to fix that.  As long as I don't move or make noise, 9 times out of 10, I get a shot opportunity.  I ain't spending that kind of money for something that really doesn't work.
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Facebook Comments