October 22, 2017, 08:01:52 AM

Author Topic: Beginning?  (Read 1938 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Beginning?
« on: September 13, 2003, 02:44:05 PM »
What did you guys start out hunting?  I, like alot of my friends around here, started out with squirrel hunting.  It provided alot of action to keep me interested and allowed me to work on my shooting technique with smaller calibur guns.  How about you?
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Beginning?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2003, 10:48:20 PM »
I started out squirrel hunting too.  My dad was the first one to take me, but wasn't really into hunting that much.  I got addicted to it and just said the heck with him and started going every chance I got by myself.  Later, one of my mother's brothers started taking me deer hunting and showing me "how" to do it.  Since that time, it's all been down hill from there! :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline RealtreesWWH

Beginning?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2003, 08:58:31 PM »
Not really sure what I hunted first.Dad used to bird hunt and rabbit hunt alot.I can't remember what was first,I was quite young when I first started going.I think is was probably rabbits.I think I like squirrel hunting better than anything except deer. :)
Alabama's TREASURE Forest Program...Setting America's Standards.

Offline Jeepkeedy

Beginning?
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2003, 09:49:31 PM »
Bustin' briars in West TN for Dad when the beagles got tired.  Must have been about 10, trusty .22 pellet rifle at my side.

Offline Aussie Joe

Beginning?
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2003, 03:46:06 AM »
I started off with rabbits, but the first thing I ever shot was a crow with my Grandfather.  He had a strict policy "if you shoot it you eat it", he made me pluck it and he cooked it, lucky Mum found out and I didn't have to go through with it, Thanks Mum :wink:
I'd rather be hunting.

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
Beginning?
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 03:50:49 AM »
i started out hunting paper plates as a kid with a .17 cal pellet rifle.then it was on to hunting squirrel, then rabbits. now i'm huntin' those elusive brown furred things with antlers. whitetail deer....gotta love 'em!!
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

april

Hmmm...
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2003, 12:03:39 PM »
I was the "retriever" for my dad when I was 5...for squirrels.  He taught me how to shoot em myself when I was about 7.  .  .  Squirrels led to rabbits, rabbits to quail...turkey...and deer.  (And the occasional coyote).
 :D

Facebook Comments