October 20, 2017, 01:53:08 PM

Author Topic: Hello from Maryland  (Read 753 times)

Offline snakedoctor

Hello from Maryland
« on: November 22, 2006, 04:54:14 PM »
Just found this site and had to join in.  I mainly shoot IDPA, IPSC and Bullseye, but decided to go squirrelly ^-^.  While I own alot of great pistols, never had a rifle, other than the M16 the Army loaned me for 3 years back in the 70's.  Local club shoots silhouette and thought it would be fun, so decided to get a 22 and practice on squirrels and get dinner while I'm at it also.  I purchased a Ruger K10/22-T with a laminate stock and .920 SS bull target barrel.  Added a Volquartsen hammer and trigger mod, a nylon bolt stop and a BSA Catseye 4-16x50 scope on Burris rings and a Weigard weaver rail.  Hope to sight it in this weekend.  Due to the large numbers of deer hunters in my area, plan to wait until after Dec 9 so I won't suffer from a mistake in identity. 

Have stumbled thru the site and love it. Especially the photo essay on cleaning critters by Big58cal.  Keep up the good work.
No squirrel is totally worthless! It can always be used for target practice.

Offline Rookie in Kansas

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: Hello from Maryland
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 06:03:43 PM »
 O0

Welcome snakedoctor, you will find this place exciting and it will keep you on your toes!
Shoot straight and dropem where they stand!

Offline rifle-man

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 07:43:24 PM »
yea WELCOME ,   O0    That's all they will let me say  :'(
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 01:30:45 AM »
Welcome to the gang, Snakedoc! So, you doctored any sick snakes lately?  :wink: Plott has some poodles you can doctor. While you are at it, give plott a couple of shots, too.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 09:36:39 PM »
Welcome to the pile and ignore John A he's been off his meds lately or so his wife said besides last time I went to get shots I left without some of my body parts with the doctor
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Facebook Comments