October 22, 2017, 01:25:58 PM

Author Topic: Carnivore Light  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Carnivore Light
« on: November 27, 2006, 06:47:16 PM »
Has anyone had any experience with a Gerber Carnivore Light?  It's a flashlight with an option for a different set of LED's (looks like a black light) that will make a blood trail easily stand out.  Anything to them, or just another gimmick?   ???

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: Carnivore Light
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 01:02:01 PM »

In case anyone else is curious about these:  I found these reviews at http://www.fieldandstream.com/fieldstream/photogallery/0,13355,1216084,00.html

Comment on This Article

At 2:52 PM, 10/11/2006, Bill said:
I bought the Carnivore light for the purpose of tracking at dusk if ever needed. The light in my opinion did not work. I wasted more time with that light then using a regular flashlight. I always liked Gerber products but was very dissapointed with this one. I wasted $60 in my opinion.

At 11:10 AM, 10/22/2006, Gary said:
I purchased the lite for low light tracking.I took a doe and trailed it quite well untill dew started forming,it seems to me wet it is also an issue,in the drier area,s the light worked well

At 11:31 PM, 10/24/2006, alan said:
Don't waste your money on the game finder. A group of us went together to buy one. We couldn't even find each other in a field and certainly couldn't find a doe my buddy hit. We did however recover it in the morning just in case you were wondering!

At 1:33 PM, 10/25/2006, Disapointed said:
Very Disapointed!! The bulb burns out quick, the blood dosent appear any brighter, and it is expensive for that poor quality of flashlight. The blood is easyier to see with the white light than the special light.

GP's favorite

At 2:28 PM, 12/3/2006, Tom White said:
I think Ray Charles would find blood better than the light

At 9:31 PM, 12/3/2006, DTILL said:
Very distusted with the product. Gerber should recall all sales, and send their own reps with the stupid light to find my deer.
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 01:54:43 PM »
So are they saying they are a good light or not cause from what I hear Ray Charles is a tracking machine                 or was it singing machine I forgot
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 02:12:27 PM »
The best light I found thus far for tracking is a SureFire...   They are bright and last about 4 hours before the bats go dead.

The lights are around $30 but sure beats the Mag-Lite when tracking deer....

Just my humble opinion of course....
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Facebook Comments