October 24, 2017, 12:09:44 AM

Author Topic: Deer Season  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
Deer Season
« on: November 29, 2006, 07:56:45 PM »
1st shotgun season is just around the corner  O0 starts December 2-6 good lord I guess maybe I should make sure the gun still shoots where I point it I kinda had this season sneak up on me I havent done half the scouting I was going to doso I guess that trophy buck had better really mess up for me to get a chance at it :twisted:
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Rookie in Kansas

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: Deer Season
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 08:11:06 PM »
Plott, wish you the best of luck this year and just remember.  It is great to just be out there, right?  But knowing you, you will come back with a nice one and one heck of a story to go with it.   O0
Shoot straight and dropem where they stand!

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 08:16:07 PM »
Plott, wish you the best of luck this year and just remember.  It is great to just be out there, right?  But knowing you, you will come back with a nice one and one heck of a story to go with it.   O0
by nice one do you mean like the spotted one that got shot by our group a couple years ago and what do you know I got the only tag left >:( or the 8 point that had recieved an injury to its head so it was 6 on the left side and 2 on the right but it was 190 pounds field dressed course after draging it 200 yards I'm pretty sure it was closer to 900 pounds ;D but honestly we got a couple of younguns hunting with us this year so it would be great if they both got one and I didnt          less dragging I got to do :twisted:
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 07:20:43 PM »
Get er' done!! O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 12:02:43 AM »
Well what a wonderful first day og season with windchill making it -5 degrees it was really warm :roll: saw a lot of does and one nice buck that had better say a prayer tonite cause somebody was lookin out for him >:( At least my gun goes bang still cant wait for Sunday their saying its going to be even colder and still no snow on the ground

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 09:31:30 AM »
Had to work this weekend so I am going out Second Season.  If it is going to stay this cold, I sure hope we get a little snow.  Makes it a hell of a lot easier to track, not to mention drag those things out of the field.  You hunting around Emmetsburg Plot?
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 09:57:46 AM »
So far we had a pretty good season.  First day,  an 8-pointer shot at the cabin. Second day, 3 bucks and 4 doe.  Friday, Mad River, his stepson Jake, Brad and myself drove and nice 7 pointer and my Uncle Ho shot it. Saturday, on the first drive a small half rack came running across a field and I popped a shot at it at about 350 yards. Then two doe came running out into the field and some dorks from another hunting party started shooting at it. Needless to say the morons were shooting right in my direction and I could hear the bullets whizzing by.  Kind of pi$$ed me off and I went ballistic and was getting ready to fire a few shots back at them. It was stupid morons like that, that had me fired up all day. Man I hate stupid and unsafe people....  >:(

Then a doe ran in Mad River's direction but with no available shot. Our driving party then kicked out a doe and was missed uncountable times by myself, Mad River and one of the guys in our hunting party. I figure on that doe we have about $20 worth of ammo invested in her.... :roll:  ;D

This same doe was standing behind Brad, but from my understanding he was looking in the opposite direction and wasn't able to get his gun off his shoulder in time to get a shot.... ;D  I think this is the same doe that Mad and a bunch of us took pop shots at as it was high tailing it across a field at about the speed of sound....   :wink:

On the second drive of the day, my brother pops a bedded doe and then kicks up an older buck. This buck knew the program and stayed just ahead of the drivers about 50-100 yards. Then as we were getting to the end of the drive, Jake - Mad's stepson, takes a shot at it and the buck circles and gets between the drivers. 

All in all, this season has been a pretty good one and the venison is already in circulation here around the Somerset area.  We have another week of rifle season and the last Saturday is one of the best days, so we should be able to bag a few more by then...

Good luck to everyone and be safe out there....  O0
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 09:59:20 AM by Stonycreek Whitetails »
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 01:12:44 PM »
Then two doe came running out into the field and some dorks from another hunting party started shooting at it. Needless to say the morons were shooting right in my direction and I could hear the bullets whizzing by. 

Then a doe ran in Mad River's direction but with no available shot. Our driving party then kicked out a doe and was missed uncountable times by myself, Mad River and one of the guys in our hunting party. I figure on that doe we have about $20 worth of ammo invested in her.... :roll:  ;D

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 05:59:17 PM »
Yep I hear you Stony we had a8 point buck Sunday that had a lot of lead slung at it after it finally stopped 15 yards from me I thought it was done for and when I pulled the trigger I heard the worst sound in the world CLICK  >:( for some reason the slug didnt fire  then later I managed to knock the front sight all outta whack on my shotgun So basically so far my season has sucked we have 3 deer between 8 poeple

Facebook Comments