November 18, 2017, 04:28:41 PM

Author Topic: WATERFOWLING THREAD  (Read 17435 times)

travo

WATERFOWLING THREAD
« on: December 06, 2006, 08:11:50 PM »
CALLING ALL WATERFOWLERS!!!!!!!!!LETS MAKE THIS POST A STICKY AT LEAST!!!!!!!!!WANT TO HEAR FROM WATERFOWLING GUTPILERS.SAY HI AND POST UP.PLEASE GUTPILES,JUST MAKE THIS A STICKY FOR 1 MONTH,AND IF IT DONT TAKE,REMOVE IT AND ILL JUST HAVE TO GO CRY TO MYSELF.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 07:03:29 PM by Gutpiles »

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
Re: WATERFOWLING THREAD
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 06:11:46 PM »
OK Travo, you're sticky. Let the trial period begin!!
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline crazysquirrelpoon

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 08:54:31 AM »
well i suck at waterfowling, but i think it's because i haven't been out enough.  maybe i'll head down to south dakota and have travo put me on the birds.......John Andrews, you aren't that far from sioux falls are you??  We could probably use someone to retrieve the birds in case the dogs get tired. ;D ;D
Proud Democrat

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 10:38:49 AM »
John Andrews, you aren't that far from sioux falls are you??  We could probably use someone to retrieve the birds in case the dogs get tired. ;D ;D
Hey I'd go waterfowling with ya if JA was the retriever :twisted: ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 12:35:55 PM »
You rascals!  ;D I live quite a ways from there, across the state.  :) And, I have already fetched my last duck, a couple of years ago. Duckers are having some poor hunting in most of this area because of no pothole water all season and everything freezing up. There are a more divers this year and not nearly as many mallards and woodys. The goose shoot has been less this year, too. We still have a heavy local goose population, but the hunters aren't killing many. It's supposed to warm up this weekend,  season about over, most guys are already pulling their dekes. It was +02 F last night without counting the wind chill, and -2F with the windchill this morning. With 7" of snow on the ground since last Thursday night, it's the death of most of our duck hunting here. The folks on the open water on the Mississippi River here are doing OK.  How's that for a duck report?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline riverrunner

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 07:31:57 PM »
I hunt on the Black River in northeast Arkansas.  We hunt mallards in green timber with a few woodies and teal mixed in.  So far, this year has been one of the best in the last 5 years.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 07:35:16 PM »
never been waterfouling, wouldnt mind giving it a go, i bet it would be great to hunt over a couple good dawgs...
when in doubt shoot twice

travo

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 10:04:40 PM »
thats what im talkin about! goin down to missouri to try em at x-mas,hope they are still around. just bought a feild layout blind and a dozen fullbody goose dekes. where were those geese at,john?

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 10:46:15 AM »
Travo,
would you take the time to explain the "how to's" to duck and goose hunting?

I've never hunted them before, other than shooting the heads off Canadian geese, in our farm fields, with a high power rifle....   :twisted: 

I have a dawg in training and we've been working on water drills. I would love to go along hunting with the dawg to see what he's got....  O0 

Come on, start teaching a newbie the sport.....   :wink:
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

travo

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 11:30:59 PM »
man,would i be more than happy to. there is so much to know,yet what attracted me to waterfowling was the immediate sucess that i had. i am not a good big game hunter,but maybe found a knack for waterfowling. its tough to post everything at once,so ill just start with what i have been doing this time of year,right after waterfowling ends. the best thing you can do right now is get a call and start practicing. although i am a phil robertson fan, no one teaches calling like buck gardner. go get a single reed call and one of his cds and start practing in your truck on the way to and from work,so the wife doesnt shoot you. this is also a great time to buy dekes and other gear,because stores dont want to sit on it and inventory it another year. ill try to add more as time allows.

Facebook Comments