November 22, 2017, 03:19:19 PM

Author Topic: WATERFOWLING THREAD  (Read 17451 times)

Offline riverrunner

Re: WATERFOWLING THREAD
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 03:33:30 PM »
Several years ago I bought a duck call from Bob Hill of Wyandotte MI.  I am trying to locate him.  Has anyone ever heard of him or better does anyone have any information about his whereabouts?

travo

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 06:30:08 PM »
ill keep my ears open. what calls do u use?man,to be in arkansas this time of year.......

Offline riverrunner

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 10:29:06 PM »
When I started duck hunting I used the mallardtone, olt and then the duck commander.  As soon as I bought my first handmade, using the mass produced was over.  I have had several but my favorite is the call I bought from Bob Hill, it is an African blackwood call.  I have a Cocabola call from Roy Rhoades that is real sweet and I have a Bois de Arc (sp?) Taylor Made call that never sticks, this is the only call I have ever had that just will not stick no matter how cold it is.  All of my calls are single reeds. I even have some brass reed calls, but have never used them ( they sounded good before I bought them).

Yes, it is real nice to be a waterfowler in arkansas this time of year, hugging a big oak tree with the mallards splashing water on you as they land.  GET EM BOYS!!!

travo

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 12:01:32 AM »
yup,if i was down there,id be a tree hugger too!!!say hi to phil robertson for me. have you seen him? still tryin to chase geese up here. saw a flock of mallards too. they will be here all year if the river is open. ducks is closed for another years though. hope to kill some in missouri at x-mas time.

Offline riverrunner

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 11:21:50 AM »
I have met Phil...he was a guest at one of our DU banquets several years ago. 

Where in Missouri are you going?  You should slide on down to Arkansas for a hunt.

travo

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 06:05:26 PM »
goin to kc,but would consider driving to arkansas if i knew someone down there.......

Offline Rookie in Kansas

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 09:51:45 PM »
Tavo, I know we have given each other grief, all in fun of course.  But when are you going to be in town (KC)?  I live in Overland Park and if you want, we could hook up for a brew or two.   :twisted:  I am going to PA from 12/21 to 12/28, thus being out of town during that time.  Let me know either here or PM me.     
Shoot straight and dropem where they stand!

Offline riverrunner

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 11:23:28 PM »
Travo, I don't know how much time you have but if you are willing to drive over to the northeast arkansas you have an invitation. No guarantees on the ducks but it has been good so far this year. 

travo

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 06:50:57 PM »
ill be in kc from 12/22-12/26.that sux.otherwise,heck yeah,that would have been fun. ill look into the arkansas thing,but the northeastpart would take quite a drive,and my wife probably wouldnt appreciate me being gone half of our vacation,but ya never know.... i WILL get down to stuttgart before i die though. how far are you from there?

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 06:57:36 PM »
where in Pa are you going to be at?
when in doubt shoot twice

Facebook Comments