November 21, 2017, 03:57:21 PM

Author Topic: WATERFOWLING THREAD  (Read 17446 times)

Offline Rookie in Kansas

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: WATERFOWLING THREAD
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 07:57:59 PM »
Morax,

I am flying into Philly and driving to just north of Allentown.  I think you, Stony and some others live on the western half of PA, correct?  If you all lived closer to Harrisburg, I might have made a trip for a dinner out some where.  We all could have had some brews and BS some.  Maybe next year if I can take more than a week and not a Xmas time.  But if you get out to KC area, let me know.......................
Shoot straight and dropem where they stand!

travo

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2006, 08:00:31 PM »
thats the bad part,the wives expecting you to be with the family at x-mas time. guess we married the wrong women.

Offline Rookie in Kansas

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2006, 08:02:27 PM »
Who is we kemosabi (spelling?)?  I for one am not married any more and a lot less. 
Shoot straight and dropem where they stand!

travo

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2006, 08:16:31 PM »
guess you are the smart one here. ive been married 10 years. guess i cant complain,i am gone pretty much every weekend and quite a few weekdays all fall,and she puts up with it. she also puts up with 2 boats in the driveway,a camo trailer,a basement full of dekes,and listening to the hail call at all hours. she also overlooks my crew stumblin in at 4:30 to go duck huntin,and my kids constantly singin "da turdy point buck". she will mop blood off the kitchen floor from me bringin in fresh kills and pick the cockleburs out of my golden retreiver. if i could just get her to pluck ducks...

Offline riverrunner

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2006, 08:52:57 PM »
We are about 150 miles north of Stuttgart.  Our season goes out on the 18th and doesn't come back in until the 26th. Next Christmas you need to schedule a couple of extra days for a duck hunt.

travo

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2006, 09:07:20 PM »
are you guys gettin the big migration down there yet? i have heard that for the past few years,the ducks have been shortstopping in missouri. saw a bunch of mallards on the sioux river up here today. gonna take out the new layout blind and full body geese dekes out this weekend if i can find some honkers. have you been to macs prairie wings down there?

Offline riverrunner

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2006, 10:11:09 AM »
No, I really don't think we have gotten all that many ducks yet.  Even though we have had a good year, by no means does it compare to the ducks we had 10 years ago.  I'm not sure what is happening with our ducks... they are stopping short or seem to be skipping over us.  Sometimes I wonder if we really have all the ducks the feds are saying we have.

No, I have never been Macs but would like to go.

travo

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2006, 06:59:47 AM »
see,our seasons have been better the last 10 years,with this last one bein one of the best. they have been stickin around longer,too. makes me think they are short stopping.maybe missouri will be good next week.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2006, 11:36:41 AM »
A lot of the ducks stayed late in Canada this year. Our flights and hunting have been really strange this year, and acutally pretty poor after the locals were shot at. We had no water in the potholes and had a freeze out towards the latter part of the season. Now that our season closed and it has warmed up, any big flights will sit in comfort here. :'(  You will have birds sitting short of you, I'm sure. We are 200 miles north of St. Louis, 300 miles from KC. The 7" snow we had probably moved some ducks your way, a few, anyhow. Not all the cornfields and beanfields were fall plowed this year before the ducks came down, but the weather is so screwy that the hunting has been poor for most hunters in SE Iowa. It would be hard to predict how your shooting will be in MO and Arkansas.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

travo

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2006, 08:49:48 AM »
well,it doesnt matter how the shootin is,just so long as i get out of the hotel inhabitated by my wifes family,a bunch of nonhunting white-collared golfers. i may just go crazy enough to chase squirrels around with a sharp stick in hte hotel parking lot. i cant sit on my butt and watch freinds reruns for  days. i wish rookie was gonna be around.

Facebook Comments