November 23, 2017, 01:42:32 PM

Author Topic: WATERFOWLING THREAD  (Read 17480 times)

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
Re: WATERFOWLING THREAD
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2007, 04:07:24 PM »
Good ideas. I know a couple of "perfect" wind sheltered spots off of the beaten path.....and they still have water in them(though the lakes are filling, they are still mostly dried). I was talking to somebody the other day who says that coot decoys will bring anything in, which is good beacuse nobody around here ever manages to shoot a particular species. Do you have any experience with drawing in waterfowl species different from your decoys? Good luck with your season.

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2007, 11:24:41 PM »
Trav, second weekend of moorhen season....I'm gunna utalize this oportunity to hone my shooting skill. Got any info on these critters? I read you just kinda tool around till you flush one and then its like "pull" at the shooting range. This saturday is going to be fun. I also just read that there is legal goose hunting in Florida. sep 1-22. So I am going to try that also. This is exciting.

Offline bust one

« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2007, 03:59:36 PM »
water fowling is awesome  aint nothing like sitting in the blind before light and seeing ducks fly in and goose swimming on the pond and you watching ur watch till the time hits where you can bustem up ...then the time comes and you start shooting at everything flying and swimming   .reload your gun 3 or 4 diffrent times  emptying each time  and 5 mintues later ur bagged out of everything ....you wade out retrieve your kills   go home and u back in bed before 6.30 am lol for me it is    but thats why duck hunting is awesome  even better when you have 3 or 4 people with you. then you have it where everybody claims  they shot everybody elses duck lol............gotta love it
if it,s brown it,s down and if it fly,s it die,s

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2007, 09:19:38 AM »
Normaly you can weasle your way into claiming a shot...unless your friends learn the truth-you couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Then, even when you do hit one, they can't believe it and claim it anyways.

Offline bust one

« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2007, 04:30:33 PM »
yea i know but thats why i go by my self most of the time ........so if i miss  than i only can laugh at myself and i know tthat i shot the bird and not some one else   
if it,s brown it,s down and if it fly,s it die,s

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2007, 05:48:22 PM »
thats why i hunt with friends...they got autoloaders and practice....i try and get them on the ducks, they shoot, i'm happy, their happy, we have a great time.....I can't wait till the ringnecks start flying in!

travo

« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2007, 12:43:26 PM »
no moorhens up here, unless yer talkin coot, and then there is plenty. it like to use a flamethrower on those rotten things.

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2007, 12:55:46 PM »
What's wrong with coot? They give ducks confidence...they have a blast hanging around my set-up, for some reason, and I figure its just all the more realism.

Moorhen are different, but rather similar looking. Moorhen are a type of rail.

Offline jack002

« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2008, 03:23:59 PM »
new to this site..the earley goose season started in pa on sept.1st we got 5 on the first day..will be back after them on sat..good luck folks..knock them dead :buck2
luck is when preparation meets opportunity...

Facebook Comments