December 16, 2017, 09:29:00 PM

Author Topic: Bull or Buck?  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Bull or Buck?
« on: February 15, 2007, 05:48:04 PM »
Here's another one making the rounds on the net.  Here's the only info we received with it:   

????????????????????????????????????????????????
412 pound deer killed along Clarion River in NW Pennsylvania

Is this one of your bucks Stony??   8)

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: Bull or Buck?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 07:26:02 PM »
Those pics have been cirulating for a couple of years now.  They were "Photoshopped".  No doubt it is a nice buck, not such a good shot - looks to be gut shot.  A bit little bit of digital chicanery was employed to "enhance" the trophy so to speak.  Study the pics long enough and you will see some things that just don't make sense, the size and proportion of various items in the various pics are not consistant.  Second to last picture - compare the size of the rump with the head, looks like it was taken with a fisheye lens except the trees are consistant.  The size of the bow when compared to the size of the guy - those arrows are 6 feet long, the bow even longer.  What shadows are present, just don't look right.  In the last picture, that guy on the right must be 8 feet tall, or the guy on the left is some sort of morphed midget - the dude on the right, look at the distance form the bottom of his foot to the top of his knee. Compare that with the guy on the left.  These guys are about the same distance from the camera.  That dude in the middle has one big hat and appears to be wearing on top of his 'fro.  The guy in camo ALWAYS has the same lighting on his face, even though pics were apparently taken from different angles.  Too many inconsistancies in these pics.
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 07:46:40 PM »
Yeah, what he said! O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 08:01:09 PM »
I have been canoeing the Clarion River, which is in PA, for years.  The deer up there are not even close to being that large.  They are mainly mountain deer with very limited access to quality farm plots.  The deer I have ever seen up there have been relativley small in stature.

I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 08:07:21 PM »
So you guys expect me to believe that couldn't be the offspring of a rogue Brahma?    ???

:-P

The next thing you know, you guys are going to be telling me Ellwood didn't really run this one down.   ???

« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 08:14:17 PM by Gutpiles »
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 12:00:14 AM »
He shot it from the grassy knoll.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 08:49:47 PM »
Yep GP that is one of Stony's bucks ya can see Stony in the last picture. He is the one wearin the orange hat :twisted: ;D That is another of his cull bucks that one was named wee-man ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 09:09:22 PM »
Yep GP that is one of Stony's bucks ya can see Stony in the last picture. He is the one wearin the orange hat :twisted: ;D That is another of his cull bucks that one was named wee-man ;D

Nah Ploot.....  That couldn't be me or any of my deer....   If that buck is truly that big, that bow would be as tall as one of those guys.  The bow looks to be about the right size and proportion to the deer, but then the bow compaired to the guys, the guys would be the wee-man....   

I also see that buck apperently doesnt come from your neck of the woods, it still has "both" of it antlers attached .......   :roll:   :twisted:
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 11:02:47 PM »
I also see that buck apperently doesnt come from your neck of the woods, it still has "both" of it antlers attached .......   :roll:   :twisted:

I don't care who ya' are......That's Funny Right There! ;D ;D ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 09:29:44 AM »
I don't care who ya' are......That's Funny Right There! ;D ;D ;D
  ;D  ;D  ;D Yeah, I heard our DNR was investigating the rash of one antlered deer in that area. They think because there are so many in that region, it must be some genetic thing.  :wink:  ;D  ;D  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments