October 20, 2017, 06:49:02 AM

Author Topic: Why plott is the best hunter of all of us!!  (Read 3640 times)

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
Why plott is the best hunter of all of us!!
« on: December 08, 2006, 05:09:10 PM »
I got a phone call the other day from a friend who seemed a little down..  It was old PlottDog.  So like any good friend I listeded to what happened and then laughed my a$$ off at his expence while he tried to claim that is wasn't the worst thing that could have happened.

It seems that he was out on a deer hunt with his trusty slug gun (which he later put six shots into a hand sized group at 100 yards with) when a really nice 10pt Iowa buck stepped out.  Being the skilled hunter he is, that had manuvered himself into this fantastic situation, he camly raised his gun and.......

BLEW OFF THE LEFT SIDE OF HIS RACK!!

Lets all have a moment of silence for our champion... :twisted:
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
Re: Why plott is the best hunter of all of us!!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 05:09:43 PM »
Plott buddy... I know you have to be happy that I am back in front of a computer!
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 06:04:25 PM »
I think the guy that coined the phrase, "Pick A Spot" was intending for that "spot" to be on the deer's side, not the left antler! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 07:12:01 PM »
Glad to have you back AB

now get the heck outta here before I start on the Kansas coyote huntin and steer ropin stories :twisted: 

In all honesty the buck moved at the wrong time so my warning shot was alittle high                 honest
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 10:44:56 PM »
Plott buddy... I know you have to be happy that I am back in front of a computer!

I don't know bout ole Plott....................... but  since I've been here, I 've been waiting on this day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :twisted:

sic em A B  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 10:32:54 PM by rifle-man »
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Justin Gilmer

• Gut Pile Guide
  • I love animals.... They're delicious!!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 11:45:41 AM »
Were you nervous plott?  Did you make the kill or do you just have the left side as a momento? 
Don't feel bad.....  We can't all be #1.

travo

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 01:32:40 PM »
im surprized that it didnt knock the deer out.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 07:37:34 PM »
you know trave that makes two of us. The thing went to his knees and then was gone like greased lightning.
Were you nervous plott?  Did you make the kill or do you just have the left side as a momento? 
heck no I was just warning him that I'm coming for him next year ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 10:26:41 PM »
I'm surprised it didn't knock him out either.

I bet it gave him an Excedrin #9 headache though! :wink: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Rookie in Kansas

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 12:02:31 AM »
OK Plott called me about this and I must tell you all the truth.  He wanted the buck to live till next year and be a little bit bigger before he puts the smack down on him.  So, Plott said to himself that he must do something to make sure the other locals don't shoot this ole boy this year.  And it came to him, take off one of the antlers.  But then he was thinking, how do I do that and bam it hit him.  Shoot it off with his trusty slug gun.

See Plott, I told you I could lie for you!   O0
Shoot straight and dropem where they stand!

Facebook Comments