October 17, 2017, 08:11:21 PM

Author Topic: Why plott is the best hunter of all of us!!  (Read 3631 times)

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
Re: Why plott is the best hunter of all of us!!
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 01:45:34 AM »
OK Plott called me about this and I must tell you all the truth.  He wanted the buck to live till next year and be a little bit bigger before he puts the smack down on him.  So, Plott said to himself that he must do something to make sure the other locals don't shoot this ole boy this year. 
I almost believed you till the part about the locals. The guys around here would just shoot another one and use the antlers off it to finish the set . The area I shotgun hunt is also hunted by a senators crew so they hunt where ever whenever and however they want >:( I've had a few nasty runins with them before apperently when they shoot a buck in the leg then I kill it it's still thier deer the jackasses even went as far as to try to cut my tag off it but thought better off it when I dialed the DNR and asked if it was okay for them to do that.
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2006, 07:04:16 AM »
now thats one hell of a story...you just cant make this stuff up...strange things happen to all of us at some point during our outings...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline eddiejohn4

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • from michigan
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 05:59:13 AM »
Thatsd the way to save meat ,you knock them oput then take your time with the finish :)

I have missed deer that I thought  would be impossible to miss. How these thing happen only the lord knows.

Offline 12 Ring

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 11:16:16 AM »
AHHHH the old head shot,  Without the head!!!!!! :D :D :D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 01:05:59 PM »
That's why Plott is the best hunter of all of us! O0  How many other people do you know of that can shoot a deer's antler off? ???
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Justin Gilmer

• Gut Pile Guide
  • I love animals.... They're delicious!!
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 01:20:52 PM »
My uncle shot a deer's jaw off one time.  Luckily he ran over the ridge and another hunter got him.  I would hate to think he starved to death because he had no lower jaw.
Don't feel bad.....  We can't all be #1.

Offline teambateau

• Deep south sports
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 08:55:20 PM »
He was shed hunting!!!
He is just kinda early so he is helping the deer out some.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 11:58:06 AM »
I can't pass on this one!  ;D  ;D  ;D Plott, please plead you had something in your eye, or your sights were knocked off, but MISSED?  :wink:  ;D  ;D  ;D I know what happened. You was thinking about BC when BC gets bored with just shooting squirrel heads, BC just shoots the nut out of the squirrel's mouth. True story, too. So, you just shot the buck's antler off. That's what it was, wasn't it?  :wink:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 12:59:16 PM »
yep John thats it. That is my new story :twisted:
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Justin Gilmer

• Gut Pile Guide
  • I love animals.... They're delicious!!
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »
Hey Plott.....  Could you at least post a picture of the antler you shot off.  I'd like to see it.  ;)
Don't feel bad.....  We can't all be #1.

Facebook Comments