December 11, 2017, 12:51:41 AM

Author Topic: The Boy Finally Scores  (Read 1884 times)

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
The Boy Finally Scores
« on: December 11, 2006, 01:50:49 PM »
Well, I started, or I should say REstarted deer hunting a couple of years ago after 20 years of not doing it.  I have had my Son out small game and bird hunting a lot and he kind of pushed the issue of deer hunting.  So this is the 3rd year we have been out.

Now my boy, Alex, suffers from BAD buck fever - Hell it don't make a difference - should just call it DEER fever!  1st year I bet he took 20 shots and never connected.  2nd year, at least 15 shots, one possible flesh wound (found a little hair and a couple drops of blood) and a 20oz Coke bottle drilled through the center at 40 yaards just to make sure he could aim that shotgun right and the slugs were the right ones for his gun.  Now this year, after an unproductive morning, he connects - one shot, 12ge Brenneke right through the neck, and drops his first deer in its tracks - And it was a Buck too - although it only had one antler.  He didn't notice that until he dropped it.  He finally put it all together and let things happen instead of trying to make them happen.  He was stoked, and Dad is pretty proud of him too.

Of course, we had him gut the thing himself, with a little advice and assitance

I was able to contribute to the freezer as well with this nice sized doe.

She treated me right.  While Alex dropped his buck instantly, he had to drag the thing up a ravine to get it to the Jeep.  I put the 20ge "Buckhammer" right behind her left shoulder and out through her right ribcage,  She ran up the hill, jumped the fence into the flat corn field and fell over dead as soon as her feet hit the ground.  Left a blood trail that looked like someone was slopping it out of a bucket.  Gut her, drive the truck over and toss her in.  No long uphill drag for me!

Pretty good day all around for us.
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
Re: The Boy Finally Scores
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 01:56:11 PM »
Well done....  congrats O0 

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 06:14:32 PM »
Congrats!!!!

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

BBF

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 06:21:22 PM »
I wrote it once and wonder again, what makes them able to run after a cannon shot them like a 12 gauge slug ???

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 09:38:39 PM »
Excellent!  :twisted:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Lady_taxidermist

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
    • http://www.brandonwildlifestudio.com
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 10:54:09 PM »
Congrats!!!!
Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently and for the same reason.

Sometimes i aim to please, but mostly i just shoot to kill.

All of us were born crying. Some of us outgrow it.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 06:33:54 AM »
Tahts awesome O0 O0
I wrote it once and wonder again, what makes them able to run after a cannon shot them like a 12 gauge slug ???
You would be surprised how much lead some of them deer can carry last year I shot a doe that had been shot at least 5 times by some other hunting party and about 30 minutes later I see them trailing her through the grass so I called them over and let them take her I guess if you put that much lead into a critter you can eat it to then I spent the rest of the season tryimg to even see deer  got one though with about 2 hours left in the season
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 07:17:00 AM »
i have seen deer run forever  and a day with a hole the size of a truck through them, and can only say it comes down to adrendaline coursing through them that does it!  bearman you say the kiddo should be over the "fever".. does one ever really get over it? I know i still get jittery seeing them out there!
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 08:21:09 PM »
Nice going guys  O0  The same thing that makes us get the gitters keeps them deer on their feet. Adrenaline!!!!!!
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 11:09:58 PM »
OK!! O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments