October 22, 2018, 08:33:25 PM

Author Topic: rifles  (Read 4410 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
rifles
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2004, 01:17:21 PM »
With a .22, as long as you've got groups the size of a squirrel's head at about 50 yds, I'd say that it's OK. :D   I think everyone will agree, "Tighter Is Better"! :D  :D  :D

With my .17 HMR, it can shoot dime-sized 5 shot groups at 100 yds. (well actually, the gun can shoot better groups, it's user error that makes them dime-sized).  All I can say is that you need to burn more powder there Firekidd, which I'm sure won't be too much of a problem! :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
rifles
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2004, 02:38:06 PM »
well, right now at 50 yards from a rest , my best groups are quarter sized groups with a flyer that is my fault....  
so I'm going to go practice some more and try some more tests now that the barrel is a little more broken in.....
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
rifles
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2004, 09:23:25 AM »
Your barrel will probably shoot better when you shoot it enough to get it dirty, after the break in shoot/clean routine. It sounds like you made a good choice on the barrel.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
rifles
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2004, 10:24:23 PM »
oh forgot to mention, the groups were 10 round groups...
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline squirrelslayer

• Gut Pile Club Member
rifles
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2004, 06:08:30 PM »
have you tried shooting remingtons thunderbolts?....they are real cheap and they shoot real good out of my gun......i hope your using your gun more than i am using mine......i have been squirrel hunting once this year and it was to hot so i went fishing... but i caught a 4 pound bass that day :wink:
i love shootin squirrel in the head

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
rifles
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2004, 10:11:29 PM »
Firekidd, those are pretty impressive groups, and shooting, too. Squirrelslayer, you made a good choice there. No use feeding the bugs in the timber. Four lb. bass is pretty impressive for me, too.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments