November 17, 2017, 12:29:56 PM

Author Topic: 2 Chipmunks  (Read 2538 times)

Offline SharpShooter81

2 Chipmunks
« on: May 26, 2004, 03:35:49 PM »
Got to chipmunks today with regular rat traps, any other good chipmunk tricks? :wink:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
2 Chipmunks
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 09:40:57 PM »
Just a CYA there Sharpshooter (and I don't know your situation), but unless the chipmunks are causing damage to something on your property, it's probably illegal to trap them.  Most states consider chipmunks as nongame animals, and as such, they can't be harmed unless either they're causing damage or you've got a permit for it.

On another note though, the little buggers are aggrivating as all get out!!!!! :x  :x   I used to work in Nuisance Wildlife Control.  I hate to think of the number of chipmunks we got rid of (we had permits to do it  :D ).

You may want to check to make sure you're legal (you may have already, I don't know).  Would hate to see you get in trouble over some aggrivating chipmunks!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline SharpShooter81

It's destruction
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 04:57:11 PM »
-They are in fact causing damage to our property thank you, because i was not aware of that before! :wink: Do you turkey hunt BC? :?:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
2 Chipmunks
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 11:54:45 AM »
BC was BORN to turkey hunt! He LIVES to turkey hunt! And, he is GOOD at it! KY turkeys all carry a picture of BC, their nemisis. They call him D-E-A-T-H!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline SharpShooter81

2 Chipmunks
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 01:16:20 PM »
Haha, jsut wandering about that!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
2 Chipmunks
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 06:39:19 AM »
Yeah, I turkey hunt there SS.  I'm not as good at it as John eludes to, but I do manage to get a few every here and there. :wink:   Just something about having a big old bird gobble and shake the woods around you.

As far as the chipmunks, go to Lowes, Home Depot, etc. and see about getting a live trap (single door trap, not a double door).  Get one small enough for a squirrel/chipmunk.  Hang some peanuts (in the shell) in the back of it.  Put some peanut butter on the trip pan and stick another peanut or two in the peanut butter.  I've yet to find any animal that doesn't like peanut butter! :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
2 Chipmunks
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 09:05:08 AM »
Yep, even mice can't pass on the peanut butter. Meat eaters really like it, too. You ever watch a dog eat a bit of the stuff? Pretty funny!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments