October 19, 2017, 05:06:10 AM

Author Topic: Second one with a muzzle Loader (Worth looking at)  (Read 1399 times)

Offline 12 Ring

• Rookie Club Member
Second one with a muzzle Loader (Worth looking at)
« on: December 25, 2006, 12:10:39 PM »
Here he is!!!  This is my biggest with a Muzzle loader yet.  I know I haven't been around much latley but I'v been out chaseing him. Now I want his big brother.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 12:12:58 PM by 12 Ring »

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Second one with a muzzle Loader (Worth looking at)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 01:16:05 PM »
Nice deer, 12 Ring!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 02:30:22 PM »
That's a heck of a nice deer!  Congrats!  Is the rack really that palmated?  It looks like it in the first picture. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline 12 Ring

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 07:36:53 PM »
Oh ya thats real no touch-up here. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I got to him and put my hands on that rack.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 01:36:11 AM »
Oh ya thats real no touch-up here. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I got to him and put my hands on that rack.

That be the case, you're a lucky man!  Congrats! O0  That's a really nice deer!!! :shock:  You usually don't find one with a rack that size and then the palmation that it's got.  That thing is a once-in-a-lifetime trophy!

Something about a rack being palmated that I've always LOVED!  Deer with a wide spread or long tines are a dime a dozen, but palmation.....that's a different story!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 10:15:37 AM »
Congrat on a fine looking animal  O0
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline Justin Gilmer

• Gut Pile Guide
  • I love animals.... They're delicious!!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 08:09:16 AM »
Wow!!!  You think that buck was getting any nutrition?  Look at the mass on that thing!!!  Are many other bucks showing mass like that in your area?  Very impressive! O0
Don't feel bad.....  We can't all be #1.

Offline 12 Ring

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 08:25:28 PM »
Our last day of hunting season was Sat. I didn't get a deer that day but I found a shead from last year that was shorter but thick like the one I shot.

I also shot a hugh Buck on Wed. went 230 lbs but his rack had already fallen off. I thought I shot a world record Doe at first. Anyway I am going to start in there in all my spare time this week in hopes of finding that deers sheds. They coulden't have been droped 48 hours at the most. The sores on his head bearly had a scab on them. I will definetly let you know if I find them.

Offline dbowers

• Full Draw Archery
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 06:18:29 PM »
Whata dandy O0
DBowers

Facebook Comments