November 18, 2017, 12:34:02 PM

Author Topic: public or private??  (Read 2925 times)

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
public or private??
« on: May 28, 2004, 10:47:00 PM »
Here is a question for everyone, where do you prefer to fish, on private or public land??
I ask because I like fishing on public land for meeting other anglers, and swapping tactics ect... but I like private land when I don't want to be bothered by many people, and when I want to go somewhere that I know better.
today I took my nephew and a friend of his fishing at a farm pond that I go to....(They are 9 years old each) and they each caught a few fish...  I prefer to take them to a private pond, so I don't have to worry about harrassing other people at the water, and I know that I can spend some good time with each without being distracted by others....

What about every one else????

BTW score was,
Garrett 2 bass,
his friend 2 bass,
and me one bass. (two days earlier I caught three bluegills and one nice bass, the gills are now in my freezer!!!)
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
public or private??
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 11:30:48 AM »
I prefer to fish anywhere they are biting. Mostly, I fish public waters because my home overlooks the Miss. River. We have so much public fishing area here that it is hardly worth the time to fish private waters. Hunting is a bit different, because the better hunting is on private land. I fish for catfish, primarily flatheads, so this keeps me on the rivers.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
public or private??
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 09:59:06 AM »
:twisted:  That is a tough one for a Saltwater Fisherman,but I have to say Private,because NASA has some of the most Awsome fishing in the State,Bar None,because NO-ONE is allowed to Fish on NASA Property.

Before 911 went down,I use to Sneek in and get 45 mins. of Heaven before they`d crank up the Big-Black-Airboat and make thier Rounds. you would see Hundreds of 40lb Redfish with schools of 50 or so 15lb Snook running the shore-line. Fishing with Ultra-Light rigs,you only had time to fight One Fish that took 30 mins,before you had to get out of there so you wouldn`t get cought. Back then if you got cought,Two Officers would Board your Boat with Gun`s drawn,go through EVERYTHING on your boat,write you a $100.00 ticket,then call Florida Marine Patrol and hand you over to them for another $100.00 ticket,and then if you had any fish onboard,he would call Florida Fish and Game and hand you over to them for up to $500.00 per Fish. The first time it happened to me,I was Scared to death,and of coarse my buddy had to start talking Smack,witch didn`t help matters at all,not something you want to do with Two 9mm pointed at you. I got about 20 trips up in there before 911,sence then I noticed they put up Motion Detecter`s,Chopper`s fly over,and several new Air-Boat`s making thier rounds,I don`t dare get up in there any more,they would probly Shoot ya now.

This may sound a little mean and unfair to the folks that work out there{My Family Included}but I can`t wait for the day that NASA goes Belly-Up and that area opens up to the Public ! :twisted:
Not Just Another Cracker !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
public or private??
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 11:24:38 AM »
Cracker, that's a bummer, all that good fishing going to waste! I imagine employees of NASA fish there, though. Not very fair, my way of thinking. I think their greatest fear is having someone shoot down a craft from a boat, so that's why no unauthorized boats or fishermen.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
public or private??
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 10:01:37 AM »
:twisted:  John: There is only one place that anyone is allowed to fish,and that is what they call the NMZ or No Motor Zone,everywhere else is Off Limit`s to everyone,even to folk`s that work there. It is a big waist,but I guess with all the Big Breeder Fish up inside being Protected,we`ll always have a good Stock of Yearling`s comming out to replenish the Indian River.
   I just wish they`d offer a limited number of Passes,during certin times of the year{after they are done breeding}to get in there for some Catch and Release action like they do in Florida for the Old Mine Pit`s.
   After they close a mine Pit, they cut the side`s down to a 30 degree angle so if a Critter falls in,they can crawl out,then they stock it with fish,then close it down for 10 year`s,then they open it up for Catch and Release ONLY.......Great Idea !

I`ve fished near Nasa for year`s,and I`ve never seen anyone with a Rocket Launcher.......Yet !!!!!    I can understand shutting down the Area just before a Launch,but other than that time,there isn`t much to see out there but the VAB{Vehical Assembly Building} and the very short distance from the V.A.B. to A1A,someone could hit it with a good Sling-Shot,much less a Rocket Launcher.......LOL.  Plus they don`t need any help,they distroy enough of them Multi-Million-Dollar tin can`s all by them self`s.....LOL :wink:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
public or private??
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 06:25:57 AM »
That's a tough one.  Hunting is definitely a private land deal.  Usually a LOT better than public land, unless you can hunt on a military installation somewhere.

For fishing, you can usually get into a lot of different kinds of fish on public land, but the private land is a lot more easy to fish.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
public or private??
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 08:59:33 AM »
You are right, BC. You usually have the fishing all to yourself on private land, and the waters seem to hold more fish, much less fishing pressure. Many private waters are almost virgin waters. You gotta be careful fishing virgin waters, though. You may snag one and have to take her home and keep her. :wink:

april

public or private??
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2004, 02:42:53 AM »
I prefer private.  I've got one in mind while I say this, and I prefer it because I know what's in there, since I helped stock it....I know how old some of the fish are and about what size they should be...and I know it's cared for cause I help lime it and such every year...and, best of all...I know all the best spots and I get all those honey spots to myself. :twisted:

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
public or private??
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 08:59:31 AM »
Just so you guy`s can see the area that I want to fish,but can`t because of it`s location. This is the Nasa Launch Complex......

If you look at the Top-Left of this pic,you`ll see a Creek that runs right up to the VAB{Vehical Assembly Building}just past the Shuttel Landing Strip,so you can see why they won`t let ANYONE in there,but this creek {BANNA CREEK} hold`s Thousand`s of 40lb + Redfish and 15lb Snook,many of them have never seen a Lure or a boat....and I can`t get to them :cry:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
public or private??
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2004, 10:20:02 AM »
Cracker, that's enough tp pi$$ off any fisherman!  Nice picture, and it really shows what you are saying. I reckon the employees are really spoiled, having that all to themselves. Actually, on installations, there are many days there is not even one single person is fishing, and many days, no one hunting. How's that, for your tax $ at work? We have been trying to get another rifle season at our installation. It's up to one of my ex-bosses with his negotiations and the CO. Our CO, a Lt. Col., is from Iowa, too, and is a hunter and fisherman. I didn't get anywhere with the CO, but my buddy hopefully will.

Facebook Comments