December 16, 2017, 05:44:52 PM

Author Topic: Small Butane Lanterns  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Small Butane Lanterns
« on: December 29, 2006, 01:33:02 PM »
Do any of you guy or gals have a small butane lantern?  I am thinking about getting one for those times when I don't feel like lugging around the dual-fuel, double mantle, Coleman.  If anyone out there has any experience or recommendations, I would like tio hear them.

I was mainly looking at the Primus Easy Light Iso-butane lantern.  It's quite small, packable, and reasonably priced.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: Small Butane Lanterns
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 04:07:32 PM »
never messed with one of them, i always used flashlights, or if lanterning it was the propane double mantle sucker..
when in doubt shoot twice

travo

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 11:45:24 PM »
i once saw my buddys' dad in law almost blow himself to h3ll while trying to operate one while he was hammerd. funny stuff.

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 08:04:08 AM »
Never used one....but that mantle-less design would rock..... O0

That is the one thing I hate about the mantle lantern....any shock at all and your mantles are screwed.... >:(

I really think you should get one of these so I know if they suck.....I don't need to waste MY money on one..... ;D

You know there's always the small battery operated lanters.....check out here there are some nice small ones and even a few that are packable.....heck I might pick up one for myself..... ^-^
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 08:20:38 AM »
Hey Brad, why don't we go halfsies on one; if it's good I keep it and if it sucks you keep it?  ^-^

I am not sure if the one by Primus is mantelss or not.  By the looks of it, I believe it is.  I know what you mean about mantles, I am surprised the ones on the lantern I took up to John's place in rifle season survived the trip.  Then again, you do drive like an overly cautious old woman.  Anyway, even if the Primus one takes mantles, the little thing is quite cool, has peizo electric ignition, and is really small and packable.

I have a battery powered lantern that is about worthless, total waste of money.

The only small butane lantern that states it is truly manteless is the one by Brunton.  I was looking at it, but I could buy two of the ones by Primus for the same price.  Here is a picture and the link to it, if you want to pick me up one for my birthday.

http://www.brunton.com/product.php?id=277
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 10:20:47 AM by Mad River »
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 11:55:23 AM »
Here's a few on ebay.....pretty cheap..... ???

And it looks like it does use a mantle..... >:(

"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline Morax

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 12:20:09 PM »
made by primus??

jerry was a racecar driver?

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 12:38:33 PM »
made by primus??

jerry was a racecar driver?

Jerry may have been a race car driver, but my name is Mud.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 12:42:47 PM »
And it looks like it does use a mantle..... >:(

Yep, they require mantles all right.  I cannot access E-bay from the office, so I can't view them now.  The one in your picture looks like the old model without the piezo electric ignition.  Regardless, what were they asking for that one?  (Can you trust buying stuff on E-bay?  I have never done that before.)

Offline Morax

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 01:15:17 PM »
dude buying stuff is like asking if the gun laying there is loaded..  it may be a good thing, it may not be. I personally have never been burned from an ebay deal, but now lori on the other hand has been burned twice. its one of those hit or miss kinda things, rolll the dice and ya may be a weiner...

Facebook Comments