November 19, 2017, 11:10:25 AM

Author Topic: I need a new dog  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
I need a new dog
« on: December 30, 2006, 03:20:04 AM »
I got a call tonite from my huntin buddy wantin to know if he could borrow Blue to do some coon huntin. Being the nice guy I am I said sure and use my box to. Well I got a call couple hours later with him yelling into the phone something along the lines about that sob is crazier then a pet coon. Apperntly a coon swam the river and blue went after it but then decided against it as he was walking along the river bank he dived over the edge into a rock pile barking. As they moved rocks away blue stuck his head into the hole and came back out with a coon attached to his ear then the idiot waded out into the river to fight with the coon so the other dogs wouldnt get it from him. After he killed the coon my buddy went to get it from him and is now the proud owner of a new set of teeth marks. He was calling me to see how he could get the coon backI told him to just ask for it nicely so then I hear him on the phone talking like he is talking to baby and his friend laughing like a manic at him. I called him back 10 minutes later to see if he got it back and he says nope now blue is working another track with the coon in his mouth and wont give it up ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: I need a new dog
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 07:02:33 AM »
  ;D  ;D  ;D ;D Blue isn't going to give that coon up to anyone but you, plott.  Blue is smarter than the guy that borrowed him.  O0  O0  O0  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 09:43:55 AM »
THIS is what that new camcorder is for  ;D  I'd had a little fun with this, like telling him that he had to sing to ole Blue............ for instance, Mary Had a Little Lamb or Row Your Boat........  or to get down on all fours and growl at him. Your buddy would eventually see the humor in it , 15-20 years down the road  :twisted:
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Spuds Buddy

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 10:12:56 AM »
That is funny. If he had got on his all fours and growled he would have lost his nose.
Spud's Buddy

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 11:42:04 AM »
I think John's on the right track. You are Blue's C.O., he reports to you and you alone. That or he thinks" I killed it, it's mine" ;D
 I've had house dogs that would obey the Mrs up to a point, but when they got hard headed with her, all I had to do was say their name, they commenced to do as they were told. Blue is your dog. At least until he pulls the same stunt with you.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 05:29:04 PM »
Blue is your dog. At least until he pulls the same stunt with you.
he pulls that stunt with me and he will become the new owner of a lump on his head. I skinned the coon he got and let me tell you that thing was chewed up from him draggin it so far ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Facebook Comments